Highlights of the 9/14/17 Scout Bowl

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Highlights of the 9/14/17 Scout Bowl

Post by uhwarriors »

Davine Tullis was used as a SB and wildcat QB. He had a long YAC reception. He also had some good runs on read option plays and threw a TD pass to Kala Timoteo.

Larry Tuileta threw a great deep skinny post to a SB. Tuileta threw a nice out to Tullis who turned it into the biggest play of the day with YAC. He also threaded the needle between two defenders on a redzone throw putting it low where only the receiver could catch it (unfortunately he didn't).

Timoteo had a good day catching two touchdowns and 2 other passes. One touchdown was a corner route from Hunter Hughes and the other was a fade from Tullis. He also caught another corner route from Justin Uahinui for about a 20 yard gain and a screen for about 8 yards.

Miles Reed showed quick feet on an inside run picking his way for a 7 yard gain.

Genta Ito showed some toughness getting some tough yards on several runs.

There were some good defensive plays, especially at the line of scrimmage on running plays. I didn't have a roster so I'm not sure who were making the plays.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Highlights of the 9/14/17 Scout Bowl

Post by shrek2 »

Thanks uhwarriors! They should publish your blog on the Star-Advertiser.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Timoteo now on the scout team?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The game was for the scouts, developing players and little used reserves. I guess that Timoteo is one, or both of the latter two.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:40 pm Timoteo now on the scout team?
My3Cats wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:07 am The game was for the scouts, developing players and little used reserves. I guess that Timoteo is one, or both of the latter two.
My3Cats is right about who the game was for. Although they have not been on the scout team at any of the practices I have been at, Timoteo and Stubblefield played in the game.

Timoteo is actually a starter in several personnel groups and plays when those sets are used. He is a backup in other personnel groups as is Stubblefield. Several receivers who are lower on the depth chart didn't participate in the scrimmage possibly due to injuries. That's the likely reason why Timoteo and Stubblefield played in the scrimmage.

Similarly, OL Kipper and Norman are considered starters in a couple of personnel packages. Both of them played in the scrimmage likely because we didn't have that many available O-linemen. There were probably others similarly on defense that played, but I wasn't focused on the defensive side of the ball.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Thanks for the additional clarification and personnel details uhwarriors!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Rolo said that Timoteo kept texting him to convince him to let him play even though he's in the rotation and doesn't catch passes in games