Post by BigWave96744 »

All I can say is WOW!!!!
Need to get him reps somehow

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Cole McDonald

Post by My3Cats »

Fast legs. No hesitation. Just run! Would like to see his arm too.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Hopefully when we have a big lead.
ImageImage

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

McDonald has the legs, Brownholtz has the arm, and Brown has the brains (game experience/reps).

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Those three combined would be potent, however none of them have all the tools and that was apparent against UCLA. Brown stared down WRs, it was obvious he doesn't have a strong arm as many balls float and I dislike that most of the passes were 10 yds and under. Between playcalling, QB play and the absence of WR routes dependent on defense, will will continue to be a erratic scoring team and resemble Chowball
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

akuhead2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by akuhead2 »

I hope they are all watching film of Rosen this week. Over and over again.
I'ld like to see 22 of 25 every week !! Go Bows !

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I was in the burning hot sun at the Rose Bowl and saw the C MCD run against their backups on D...he ran kinda awkwardly, not an elegant runner.

MCD isnt going to eclipse Brown..so the dark horse is Tui at QB. Brown should have ran at least 5 times , but read wrong and DSJ ran into a brick wall.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:27 pm I was in the burning hot sun at the Rose Bowl and saw the C MCD run against their backups on D...he ran kinda awkwardly, not an elegant runner.

MCD isnt going to eclipse Brown..so the dark horse is Tui at QB. Brown should have ran at least 5 times , but read wrong and DSJ ran into a brick wall.
i kinda think Brown decides to give or take the ball BEFORE the snap. IDK.

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:27 pm I was in the burning hot sun at the Rose Bowl and saw the C MCD run against their backups on D...he ran kinda awkwardly, not an elegant runner.

I don't care if he's not a stylish runner that boy can run. Even if it's against UCLA's backup let me tell you those backups were highly rated out of high school so I don't think they were slow runners.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

amela wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 pm

I don't care if he's not a stylish runner that boy can run. Even if it's against UCLA's backup let me tell you those backups were highly rated out of high school so I don't think they were slow runners.
That awkward running will get your head taken off is the main point and he wasn't protecting the ball properly is the other. Those 2nd string guys are talented to be @ UCLA, but they are not starts for a reason and most have limited game experience, so they are more likely to take bad angles, have crappy fundaments and perhaps not accustomed to game speed.

Hopefully these 2 HS QBs for 2018 can be the answer down the road. Brown definitely lacks arm threat, accuracy at times and a misreads on the option run plays. MCD and the other Cole have crappy throwing motions. When the other Cole was warming up, his delivery seemed like an unnatural motion with a bunch of upper body movement, besides throwing a ugly , sinking ball.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

Rather have a QB that can pass than run. I think at this point, Dru has a better grasp of the O and will make better passes.
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:40 am

That awkward running will get your head taken off is the main point and he wasn't protecting the ball properly is the other. Those 2nd string guys are talented to be @ UCLA, but they are not starts for a reason and most have limited game experience, so they are more likely to take bad angles, have crappy fundaments and perhaps not accustomed to game speed.

Hopefully these 2 HS QBs for 2018 can be the answer down the road. Brown definitely lacks arm threat, accuracy at times and a misreads on the option run plays. MCD and the other Cole have crappy throwing motions. When the other Cole was warming up, his delivery seemed like an unnatural motion with a bunch of upper body movement, besides throwing a ugly , sinking ball.
When I saw him running I thought of former UH QB Greg Alexander.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Dru Brown's completion record was 209/335 for a 62% completion rate.
Cole McDonald's HS senior completion record was 134/215 for a 62% completion rate, his rushing yards was 1,091 on 116 carries for a 9.4 yard average.

Cole McDonald might be the Dual Threat QB that Hawaii has been waiting for. An opportunity to gain more game time reps and he might surprise everyone.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Remember when Inoke came in and did well vs. Florida in 2008? Small sample size, guys. This is Dru's starting job.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:40 am

Sorry Palolo, just didn't see any awkward running, even went back to watch the replay. Maybe because he's so quick at 6'-4", but that 58 yard run looked fine to me, how he outran the UCLA defense, (even if it wasn't UCLA's starters.) He even shifted the ball to his right side to protect the ball from defenders on his left.

I like his potential as a Dual Threat QB and personally would like to see him get more opportunities to develop with more reps.