UH Offense

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UH Offense

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:06 am Memphis took the Bruins out in back of the shed and gave them a whooping.
It was a good game. The announcers kept saying things like, "It's the five star athletes vs the walk-ons." Air Force gave Michigan a hard time and SDSU knocked off a ranked opponent in Stanford. I'd like to see Hawaii have that chance again instead of just folding to big time competition. Less penalties and more tackles and we're in the game. No more trick plays...unless it's absolutely necessary as mentioned regarding Umass, Middle Tennessee, and New Mexico.

I admit I haven't been able to see much Warrior football.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The UH offense has become rather routine. It's most noticeable after Wyoming. St. Juste running between the tackles, Collie and Ursua on the slant. And the tall wide receivers on the up for grabs toss. The only new wrinkle was the MacDonald option run which became stale after running it two times. They ran that one in the fourth quarter after running it 5 times. Do something different like let him pass so the defensive backs cant cheat. No end around sweeps or double reverse? Do something to get the Hawaii fans excited.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I like the Warrior offense.
But,
1. Would like to see another speed RB get reps to give DSJ some rest;
2. I like the tunnel screens, but maybe a few more shovel passes; and,
3. Cole a few more times and let um throw too.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I have a question to pose to the offense. What play do you run on 3rd and 8 or long and what play do you run on 3rd and 3 against a good defense? Do we run Diocemy Saint Juste on first down against Colorado State or short possession pass? Also, when is the pick going to happen when the possession pass goes against double coverage to the slot receiver going wide as it did last week?

whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by whirlygig5 »

i started this thread cz i thot the UH ran to much and didn't open it up enough, well they did against Wyoming, thats exactly what i wanted to see in UH's offense and Saint Juste still passed the century mark, the only thing i didn't see was the scoring part. just gotta execute in the red zone and i think the offense will be fine.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I wonder if June Jones wants to come back from Canada?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

An offense that can rack up the yardage but can't score. A defense that can't stop my mother-in-law in her walker. A special teams that is nothing special. Equals recipe for a losing season.

Barker is a pretty good possession receiver this year but when he goes long, Dru can't hit him. Collie still doesn't try to catch balls with his hands but uses his chest. Armstrong-Brown is serviceable. Ursua is the only real threat. Ewaliko is useless on offense. For that matter, he is also useless on kick off returns.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.