UH Offense

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

UH Offense

Post by whirlygig5 »

Everyone seems to wonder and try to figure out UH's offense. IMO it looks like they're trying to establish a ball control offense. Trying to run and run often. Teams with this ploy usually has a very good defense. But in UH's case i don't think UH's defense is good enough yet to try and run this offense. I really think UH needs to try score and score fast.Then when they have the lead they can pound the running game. anyone have anything else ad???

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: UH Offense

Post by UnBiasFan »

My expertise in this area comes from XBOX. Effective coaches know how to read opponents defenses, know their own offensive strengths, and put the team in the best position to be effective during the game. We have smart mobile QB and an offensive line that seems pretty decent so far. I think we continue to exploit the middle of the field and profit from the run after the catch. In my humble XBOX opinion.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Point 1
Coaches feel they have a special back in Docemy
Point 2
Coaches believe they have a decent OL that can open the lanes
point 3
If they can establish the run the passing game opens up and they will win most games
point 4.
They didn't open the play book and they tried to hide the passing game in the first two games. UCLA haven't seen much, especially last week. We did have to open things up against UMASS. We didn't want to. With Posa (tossed for phantom punch) and (Ulu-Perry out due to shoulder injury) we had to open things up to make a comeback. When we did open it up you saw what we could do. Last week we didn't need to. Very few passes to wideouts.

Today we will see what Diocemy and the OL can do. I expect to see more use of tight ends, WR and passes to RBs. I also expect to see Brown take off more.

UCLA will play us straight up with a focus on stopping the run. They've had a look of only 1q of our passing game and passes to slots.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

offense: good solid football. quick out completions and runs with positive yards to open up the vertical passing routes. sustained, time consuming drives that keep our defense rested and the ucla offense on the sidelines. no 15 yard penalties. no 5 yard penalties on short yardage downs.

defense: sack the qb. get the ball. score, the defense has to score. three and out.

special teams: keep bringing it. score more.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

If anyone ever doubted my original post. This was a perfect example. They were saying on the radio the passing games seems a little off, that's becz they don't have enough passing reps, and when they do get those reps is on predictable passing Downs. I liked how ucla offense came out with purpose. UH had no purpose. Just to run the ball. Scoring doesnt seen to be priority. Just happy running.. funny when they did have purpose and urgency they were able to move the ball bettter.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

whirlygig5 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:47 pm If anyone ever doubted my original post. This was a perfect example. They were saying on the radio the passing games seems a little off, that's becz they don't have enough passing reps, and when they do get those reps is on predictable passing Downs. I liked how ucla offense came out with purpose. UH had no purpose. Just to run the ball. Scoring doesnt seen to be priority. Just happy running.. funny when they did have purpose and urgency they were able to move the ball bettter.
Hawaii looked ok to me. Should be a good season. I wouldn't worry about this game. We have never been competitive at this level. It is not what we do.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

No ways we beat UCLA but we could score a lot more on these guys but we only tried scoring when it was 35-7

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Nah, I got no problem with game plan. Rosen came out of last game on fire. Could score at will. We had a chance to finish the half within 7 if we got some breaks. It broke the other way.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

"Nah, I got no problem with game plan."

i do becz we're not using our players to their full potential. if UH had a qb that couldn't throw or decent receivers then yes this is the offense. But they do have a qb that can throw and decent receivers. And they come out with no urgency or purpose to score, just satisfied with the ball controlled offense with no scoring.This offense needs to score and score often cz this defense will not hold up.This run attack would really be good if and when UH has the lead.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

our offense has no outside WRs threat. I think the coaches need to utilize Unga more. The defense has an easier time matching up with our WRs than they will with Tui Unga. That'll open up our running game even more. In addition, there's really no pass option threat when we run that off tackle dive. No fake dive then pull it and drop back for a pass. IDK, just thinking, and Im no expert, just a novice fan. lol

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 pm our offense has no outside WRs threat. I think the coaches need to utilize Unga more. The defense has an easier time matching up with our WRs than they will with Tui Unga. That'll open up our running game even more. In addition, there's really no pass option threat when we run that off tackle dive. No fake dive then pull it and drop back for a pass. IDK, just thinking, and Im no expert, just a novice fan. lol
I can only see so much from my TV. If we don't do something, it might be because that something would have a worse result than what we did. LOL,!

I am completely confident that Rolo is way better at this than me.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:10 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 pm our offense has no outside WRs threat. I think the coaches need to utilize Unga more. The defense has an easier time matching up with our WRs than they will with Tui Unga. That'll open up our running game even more. In addition, there's really no pass option threat when we run that off tackle dive. No fake dive then pull it and drop back for a pass. IDK, just thinking, and Im no expert, just a novice fan. lol
I can only see so much from my TV. If we don't do something, it might be because that something would have a worse result than what we did. LOL,!

...was Coach Chow way better than you too? :P

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

stranger808 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:10 pm

...was Coach Chow way better than you too? :P

I could have done better than Chow. :lol: But that's only because I would have kept Nick Rolovich and Dave Aranda. I would just tell people to see Nick and Dave.

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Roll admits he is trying to open the passing game more. But he should accept that the identity of this offense is run first. He should make the base offense 12 and 11 personnel. Drew B is not a R n S QB; no one on the roster is. The running game and strategy is sound if he makes their Zone read game the base instead of the RPO. Then rotate the RBs more and run more play action. Yeah, some will say chow ball, but,if the shoe fits wear it.

Chow never believed in an offense but in talent. He condescended UHs talent and went searching for an offense to fit it. He ha no clue coming in what was needed.

Rolo's strategy in both the run game and passing attack fits because it is option based for both. Right now, the talent is best at the running side of things. In that way, Unga will get more looks and Urusa can get 1-1 match ups. Also, it looks like there are 2 RBs that can be effective. Our Wrs are poor route runners and don't play big to fight for the ball. But they block well.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

"Roll admits he is trying to open the passing game more. But he should accept that the identity of this offense is run first."

HE needs to except that his offense doesn't come out with any purpose or urgency to score. And his defense is giving points way to easily. Scoring needs to be priority. This run, ball control offense don't work when your always trailing