*****OFFICIAL WESTERN CAROLINA GAME THREAD*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: *****OFFICIAL WESTERN CAROLINA GAME THREAD*****

Post by uhwarriors »

reignjah11 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:48 pm Bigwave, is Gaylord at the game still doin his thing after kick offs? I enjoyed that last season
Gaylord was not there.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Holy smokes the officiating sucked last night.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Makana wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 am Holy smokes the officiating sucked last night.
That's an understatement.
ImageImage

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

ulua wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:27 pm Man this team has no discipline, these penalties are uncalled for
I agree,

If you listen to Coach Rolo Post game press conference he says it all. Just listen to the players post game press conference Dylan Collie also acknowledges the Filthy Win... This Hawaii team is winning because they are bigger, faster and more talented than UMass and Western Carolina. I mean if you looked at Western Carolina O-line and D-line against Hawaii humongous O-line and D-line it was no wonder why both Hawaii RB's had a monster rushing game.

I don't think this years Hawaii team knows it yet, but just by the eye ball test this 2017 Hawaii team has the size, speed and talent to compete with Power 5 teams and win the MWC West Division... maybe even win the MWC outright. The coaching staff has done a great job preparing the young men for UMASS and WCU. Rolo wants a marquee win against Power 5 team UCLA led by the highly touted QB Josh Rosen and Rolo knows that the mental mistakes and unsportmanlike penalties are going to doom this team against Power 5 and MWC teams. I have said it before but this Hawaii team is way better than what has been displayed against UMASS and WCU. This team needs to dig in to the Cerebral part of football and has to clean up the penalties, mental errors and not rely on just their physical superiority to win games.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

When you consider where this program was just 2-years ago, Rolo has done a bang up job working with what little he's got.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

Yes, we've had ugly wins and need to clean up our game but I'm confident that they will. Then, watch out, we'll be tough to beat at home and on the road.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:05 am
ulua wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:27 pm Man this team has no discipline, these penalties are uncalled for
I agree,

If you listen to Coach Rolo Post game press conference he says it all. Just listen to the players post game press conference Dylan Collie also acknowledges the Filthy Win... This Hawaii team is winning because they are bigger, faster and more talented than UMass and Western Carolina. I mean if you looked at Western Carolina O-line and D-line against Hawaii humongous O-line and D-line it was no wonder why both Hawaii RB's had a monster rushing game.

I don't think this years Hawaii team knows it yet, but just by the eye ball test this 2017 Hawaii team has the size, speed and talent to compete with Power 5 teams and win the MWC West Division... maybe even win the MWC outright. The coaching staff has done a great job preparing the young men for UMASS and WCU. Rolo wants a marquee win against Power 5 team UCLA led by the highly touted QB Josh Rosen and Rolo knows that the mental mistakes and unsportmanlike penalties are going to doom this team against Power 5 and MWC teams. I have said it before but this Hawaii team is way better than what has been displayed against UMASS and WCU. This team needs to dig in to the Cerebral part of football and has to clean up the penalties, mental errors and not rely on just their physical superiority to win games.
Did you say "speed and talent of big 5"? Are you kidding? There maybe be a handful of guys that would start at a P5 team. Size might match , but definitively not talent and speed. Look at our DE , LBs and DBs they dont have comparable speed across the table. There's limited pressire from the front 7 against $hitty teams and they can't contain WC and UMass RBs, so highly doubtful theyd be competitive against the P5 teams. I love the Warriors, but I don't wear rose colored glasses or drink too much of the kool aid.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

Also, I liked the new helmets.