** Official UH vs UMASS Gameday Thread **

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ** Official UH vs UMASS Gameday Thread **

Post by My3Cats »

THE GOOD: Ursua, Unga, Tavai and a win on the road!

THE BAD: consistently underthrown deep balls by Dru (off-season workouts didn't seem to help strengthen his arm?); weak kickoffs.

AND THE UGLY: ridiculously stupid penalties - especially by Ulu-Perry and Posa; couldn't stop or even cover Breneman
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:25 pm
Irse wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:56 pm Did Ulu-Perry get tossed too?
No, but I don't recall seeing him in the game again after the penalty. I assume he got benched as punishment. I may be wrong about that tho.
Does Posa have to sit out the next game?
ImageImage

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Irse wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:09 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:25 pm
Irse wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:56 pm Did Ulu-Perry get tossed too?
No, but I don't recall seeing him in the game again after the penalty. I assume he got benched as punishment. I may be wrong about that tho.
Does Posa have to sit out the next game?
I think MWC will make a decision and UH will also, correct me if i'm wrong but last year when Jeremiah Pritchard got ejected in the FSU game, but MWC did not punish him, don't remember if UH and Rolo did.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I saw Ulu-Perry on the sideline when the offense was on the field in the second half. I don't think the MWC will get involved with suspensions, both incidents weren't all out fights, one by Ulu-Perry was a weak swing, like a slap to da head, but a whiff. I didn't see Posa's, but I think Posa's ejection was a result of Ulu-Perrys earlier "punch".

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Interesting article on Yahoo! Sports - especially the title:

The ending of the UMass-Hawaii game was very sad
ImageImageImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Kailuaboy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:27 pm Interesting article on Yahoo! Sports - especially the title:

Yahoo used to be good search site. Good business/finance section for stocks. Stocks section had good comment section.

A few years back this wahine came in and changed everything. Yahoo pretty much sucks.

Don't want to get into politics here, but the mainstream media is destroying itself because they hate the president so bad. And f you go outside of the mainstream, you need to keep it to yourself or you will have a bunch of bad names thrown at you.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Not to rain on the game win parade, but squeaking out a win against like an Oregon State would have been one thing. However, squeaking out a win against a fairly decent team like UMass is very concerning. Hopefully Rolo can clean up the ugly play and get the boys game focused. This years Hawaii team is way better than what was displayed at UMass.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 am

Don't want to get into politics here, but the mainstream media is destroying itself because they hate the president so bad. And f you go outside of the mainstream, you need to keep it to yourself or you will have a bunch of bad names thrown at you.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:17 am Not to rain on the game win parade, but squeaking out a win against like an Oregon State would have been one thing. However, squeaking out a win against a fairly decent team like UMass is very concerning. Hopefully Rolo can clean up the ugly play and get the boys game focused. This years Hawaii team is way better than what was displayed at UMass.
Well, look at where we've been in the last few years, don't you think that this is an improvement? We're not at the level that we were in 2006-07 but we're getting better.
ImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:17 am Not to rain on the game win parade, but squeaking out a win against like an Oregon State would have been one thing. However, squeaking out a win against a fairly decent team like UMass is very concerning. Hopefully Rolo can clean up the ugly play and get the boys game focused. This years Hawaii team is way better than what was displayed at UMass.
We are entering the 2nd year after the Chow era. I don't think are expectations are that high. We will take whatever we can get.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Even some of our best teams ever had craptastic road wins vs. teams they should have slaughtered (La Tech 2007, SJSU 2007, Army 2010). It wasn't pretty, and this team is in no position to overlook any opponent, but in the late 3rd down 28-14, A LOT of past UH teams would have folded. At that point, in my mind, UH was already 0-1. For the team to claw back and rally to victory is yet another step away from the Chow era and a step towards where UH wants to be.

These aren't the prime JJ days. We're still building back to top contention. Only year #2 for Rolo and co. Consider a performance like that a positive.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Very exciting game down to the last seconds . . . just like last years game. I'll take the win! A lot to clean up for the next game, but Rolo knows what he's doing. At least the stupid penalties by the offensive line stopped after Posa got the heave ho.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 am
Kailuaboy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:27 pm Interesting article on Yahoo! Sports - especially the title:

Yahoo used to be good search site. Good business/finance section for stocks. Stocks section had good comment section.

A few years back this wahine came in and changed everything. Yahoo pretty much sucks.

yes, i agree 100%.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

A win is a win at this point in Rolo's tenure, and its a great win because it happened on the road, 5500 miles or so away. Prior to Rolo, we would be lucky to win 3 games. To start the season on the road with a win is a fantastic accomplishment by the coaches and players.