Visiting from New Zealand for San Jose State game!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Mushtaq
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Visiting from New Zealand for San Jose State game!

Post by Mushtaq »

Hey everyone.

I have just confirmed a holiday to Hawaii and will be flying in on the Saturday morning of the San Jose State game (October 14). I've been a huge fan since the early 2000s so I am pretty pumped to finally be getting to a game. I just have a few questions, having never visited before, that I hope you can help with.

Best place to buy tickets? Are there any sections of the stadium to avoid?

Best way to get to Aloha Stadium? Most likely staying in Waikiki but will literally have arrived from New Zealand the morning of the game.

Any other must-dos for a Hawaii football fan? I will definitely check out the campus/training ground at some stage.

Also, I am a massive Tennessee Titans fan so is there any statues of Mariota to visit yet? Haha. I thought maybe a visit to his high school ground could be quite cool.

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Can't wait for October!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Visiting from New Zealand for San Jose State game!

Post by ubercow »

welcome. you can get tickets at the stadium or in advance at this site: http://www.etickethawaii.com/sports.html tho, they're still just selling season tickets at the moment. The double letter side is the sunnier side of the field, but that's more of an issue for games earlier in the day but if there's rain in the forecast, I'd try for the upper blue and brown sections.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

It's hard to predict whether we will have a huge fan turnout this year. Unless we knock off UCLA and we go into the SJSU game undefeated or with maybe one loss, you can expect a lot of empty seats in the orange level around the 5 yard line. This only gives you a good view of half the game. But you can always go get a beer and watch the game on the monitors when the team is on the other half the field. When traffic is bad, you can arrive on Salt Lake Blvd. Arrive early to tailgate. If there is a full house (there won`t be), you can park at Radford High and walk if you arrive late.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Arrive as early as you can at the stadium to avoid traffic, find parking and enjoy the pre-game experience. Join us at the tailgate party to meet great fans and taste great local foods. Information on the tailgate location will be posted earlier in the week of the game. Get into the stadium at least 30 minutes prior to the game to see the Ha'a.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Since you are only arriving on the morning of the game, and hotel check in times are usually in the mid afternoon, you may have to schedule for a late check in and ask the hotel to store your bags for you, or ask for an early check in.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I might want to do an AirBnB search for that first night also. You might find something closer to the stadium with someone who adjusts for your schedule.

Mushtaq
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Mushtaq »

Thanks for the replies everyone. Will probably Uber to the stadium from our accommodation in Waikiki. Will ask for an early check in to try get some rest in before heading out again.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Aloha Mushtaq, looking forward to seeing you. How many in your travelling party?