UMASS Game Aug 26th

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

UMASS Game Aug 26th

Post by gpmcconnell »

I was hoping to get some information regarding the UH v. UMass game August 26th. This will be my first UH game and is something I am very excited for. Being from New York there are very limited opportunities to go to UH games so I am hoping to get the full experience. Since I am new to this process I was wondering if someone could answer some questions:
1. Does UH offer any packages for away games?
2. Where is the best place to buy tickets? (UMass website?)
3. Are there usually UH tailgates for away games?
4. is there any resolution on being able to stream UH games on the mainland this year?

Thank you for all your help and I'm looking forward to a great season!!

FMSD
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Mets
NBA: Magic
NFL: Tampa Bay

Re: UMASS Game Aug 26th

Post by FMSD »

I'm going up to that game as well. Best to get the tickets from Stubhub or the UMASS website. Very limited seats at this point.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

here's a link to UH's football away game ticket request site:

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/sports/2 ... 95207.aspx

i just clicked through their interface, it looks like they may still have some available.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

UMASS has a football team?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:59 am UMASS has a football team?
You should remember the civilized discourse from last year...troll. ;-p
UMass is a cool, lower-tier school that doesn't mind playing us. :-$

Don't be a dick. This U is pretty legit and shows up to play. jmho

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:59 am
You should remember the civilized discourse from last year...troll. ;-p
UMass is a cool, lower-tier school that doesn't mind playing us. :-$

I remember a time when UH played Grambling for the first time and the fans took them lightly since they had a student body of something like 1000. They ended up showing the UH Marching Band a few moves with their highly touted band and on the field, they knocked out Golden Richards, Hawaii's fastest receiver who went on to play for Dallas, on the first play of the game. They then proceeded to tell the defense what play they were going to run and run them successfully. Needlesstosay, the Grambling Tigers blew away UH with their football team and band that they brought over.

In recent history, McMackin never took his bowl opponents seriously and so he never won. Especially the name calling of Notre Dame players, staff and student body. Let history not repeat itself and hope we learn as fans that every opponent can beat UH but dis'ing them before the game just gives them inspiration to beat UH. Let alone they have a huge line anchored by a 400 lbs returnee from last year. Hawaii will be lucky to come away with a close game against a tough opponent as UMass on their home field. This is a key game in the season for UH.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Thank you for the answers. Very much looking forward to the game and the upcoming season. The future is bright for UH football, lets get a Rolo an extension to keep the momentum going.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I don't think McMackin took two teams which had recently played in major bowl games lightly. Who would ever take Notre Dame lightly? He was just unlucky to draw such quality opponents.

Mack had his moments--they just weren't in bowl games. That win against Kaepernick to spoil his senior year was a thing of beauty. Also, his road wins were something no other UH coach seemed to manage very well.

Way off topic, I know. Anyway, thanks to UMASS and all the other manini teams that played us over the years. Yes, the underdogs do win at Aloha Stadium. Remember Appalachian State win over June Jones?

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:59 am
You should remember the civilized discourse from last year...troll.

Woaaah ......wat?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Meh...you randomly appear and troll. It hasn't been long enough as your last post was just 2 days ago. In case you were wondering about this lowly team's abilities vs. Hawaii...at Hawaii we edged them out 46-40 in the 4th quarter. This year, we'll be playing them in Massachusetts.

It's not that I mind a little dissing of the opponent but yours was so weak. Who trashes an underdog that amassed so much points on us just last year? The early odds makers have Hawaii at a one point advantage.

(and I see you've edited your original rant after....whoa...what?!!! LOL...I would have too.)

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UMass ain't no pushover. Gave the Warriors a hard rub last year at Aloha Stadium in an extremely too close for comfort game.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:17 am Meh...you randomly appear and troll. It hasn't been long enough as your last post was just 2 days ago. In case you were wondering about this lowly team's abilities vs. Hawaii...at Hawaii we edged them out 46-40 in the 4th quarter. This year, we'll be playing them in Massachusetts.

It's not that I mind a little dissing of the opponent but yours was so weak. Who trashes an underdog that amassed so much points on us just last year? The early odds makers have Hawaii at a one point advantage.

(and I see you've edited your original rant after....whoa...what?!!! LOL...I would have too.)
Really? Lol! Nobody cares about you or me's stupid conversation in this forum. Lol x1000!

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

I'd love to go see the game in person. Unforunately, I don't get to Massachusetts until 8/29. If there is a positive, the Fall semester doesn't start until the following week, so the stands should not be full of boisterous students.

UMass will not be a pushover. They have the additional incentive of revenge for last season - they almost won at AlohaStadium, right? They also played Florida real tough last season too. Their strength will be QB Andrew Ford, TE Adam Brenaman and SB/WR Andy Isabella. Ford and Breneman are former 4 Star recruits out of high school and Isabella is an Ohio trackster who is faster than anyone we have. Ford reminds me of Scott Mitchell and Breneman may be the best receiving TE this coming season. The O-Line lost three 2+ year starters so it likely will not be a strength - at least at the beginning of the season while they try to gel under fire. The six hour time difference could be a factor, too.