New Helmets To Be Revealed Tonight (2017)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: Na Koa Reaches Fundraising Goal for New Helmets

Post by uhwarriors »

FatJeff wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 am New helmets & uniforms to be revealed on August 13th.
Counting you, I know of at least 5 Sportshawaii.com members who donated and are helmet sponsors. Hope to meet you at the event.

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

5, that's awesome. It's not a small amount so I know it's not for everyone. But that said I'm thrilled that those who could, did step up for the team.

I hope to see more of these kind of opportunities for fans to support the team financially. I truly feel it's a matter of asking in a specific way, then those who can will.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

FatJeff wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 am New helmets & uniforms to be revealed on August 13th.
Thanks for the info. Thought they might reveal them come MW media days, but apparently not. New uniforms too, huh? Cool.

FatJeff

Post by FatJeff »

J-Rod wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:51 pm
Thanks for the info. Thought they might reveal them come MW media days, but apparently not. New uniforms too, huh? Cool.
That was the wording of the invitation, so we'll see.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:38 pm Is this the new helmet?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXD7nWtBCkl/
It is not. I checked with someone in the know and they said it is not the new helmet. Osaki was not involved with the design on the new helmet.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I kind of like this concept helmet. Maybe the number on the other side in a tapa design.

ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I know that a lot of people want to send a message on the helmets but some of the designs (not to hurt anybody's feelings) have too much going on with various messages. A simple design with one message like the tapa H on one side and possibly the menehune Rainbow Warrior on the other side would be more traditional. Its sort of the the Big-10 Michigan Wolverines or the Iowa Hawkeyes where they come out with the same style on their helmets as they always have. Its sort of like branding so you know if the UH football team is on tv, you recognize them by their helmets. IMHO. But, good job Na Koa for the work in making the new helmets something the kids on the team can feel good about.

Na Koa Mike
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Na Koa Mike »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:49 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:38 pm Is this the new helmet?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXD7nWtBCkl/
It is not. I checked with someone in the know and they said it is not the new helmet. Osaki was not involved with the design on the new helmet.
Confirming the Osaki graphic on instagram is not the new helmet.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

hmm, not a fan of either concept helmet. osaki's background pattern would be pretty nice on a part of the jerseys tho.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

silver helmets.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Simple is better. I would just like an update of the metallic green tapa H helmets.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Maybe this is OT but why doesn't UH get helmet, jersey and pants to match the turf like Boise State does?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:30 amMaybe this is OT but why doesn't UH get helmet, jersey and pants to match the turf like Boise State does?
because of the angle I don't see that helping too much on the field (unless defenders are lying on the ground), but I could see that being a frustrating experience for everyone watching in stadium and on tv. If you really wanted to do something sneaky, paint the endzone walls their jersey color and make all those endzone advertisements their pants color. it could help for red zone defense but might also be a detriment to red zone offense.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

ubercow wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:39 am
shrek2 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:30 amMaybe this is OT but why doesn't UH get helmet, jersey and pants to match the turf like Boise State does?
because of the angle I don't see that helping too much on the field (unless defenders are lying on the ground), but I could see that being a frustrating experience for everyone watching in stadium and on tv. If you really wanted to do something sneaky, paint the endzone walls their jersey color and make all those endzone advertisements their pants color. it could help for red zone defense but might also be a detriment to red zone offense.
Yeah, you have a point. I never saw a game except on tv at Boise and yes, it is tough to watch. Actually I don't know why I recommended it since I hate Boise and hope that UH gets to the point of beating them on a regular basis.