Rolovich & Suiaunoa Visited Blessman Taala & Penei Stowers-Pavihi

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Rolovich & Suiaunoa Visited Blessman Taala & Penei Stowers-Pavihi

Post by uhwarriors »

Last month, the Head Coach of the University of Hawai’i’s Football Program, Nick Rolovich was on island with one of his assistant coaches, coach Legi Suiaunoa, in a rare trip to the territory to bond and meet with the families of their two top upcoming high school prospects, who will be joining the Warriors football program after they graduate from high school this upcoming spring.

They are: ASHSAA 2016-17 Football Most Valuable Player, Blessman Ta’ala who signed on with UH during the National Signing Day and ASHSAA’s 2016-17 Defensive Player of the Year, Penei Stowers-Pavihi who also signed with the Warriors during Signing Day.

Samoa News spoke to Rolovich about their unexpected trip to the island, as this is the first time the UH Warriors football program has made a special visit to the territory to welcome and touch base with their upcoming local players.
Rolovich added, “When these two arrive, we will have 9 players from American Samoa on our roster and we are proud of that – with the recruiting calendar as it is, it was difficult to get down and visit with their families before Signing Day. They came for an official visit to UH and we made a plan to come see them after and show them the same respect we show all our recruits by spending time with their families.”

He said, “As a Head Coach, I feel it’s important for me to show that respect, because they are entrusting us with their children, the trust needs to be there.”
Rest of article: http://www.samoanews.com/local-news/uh- ... Vig4q.dpuf

UH95
Starter
Starter

Re: Rolovich & Suiaunoa Visited Blessman Taala & Penei Stowers-Pavihi

Post by UH95 »

"They came for an official visit to UH and we made a plan to come see them after and show them the same respect we show all our recruits by spending time with their families.”

He said, “As a Head Coach, I feel it’s important for me to show that respect, because they are entrusting us with their children, the trust needs to be there.”

Rolovich stay one classy guy. That's why he connects with recruits and their families.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Rolovich & Suiaunoa Visited Blessman Taala & Penei Stowers-Pavihi

Post by My3Cats »

Very nice write up. Welcome to the UH Ohana Blessman and Penei! Rolo is the Man (and Legi too)!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.