bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Spring Training 2017

Post by bigislandkurt »

Looking forward to insight from anyone who can make it by the practice field.

I'm paying close attention to the QB race. Drew Brown may be our #1, but the battle for #2 might be pretty fierce.

We got a whole stable of RB's. Will Diocemy build upon his breakout year last year? Will Holly emerge?

So many questions. But I'll just settle for a few good practice reports.

Go Warriors.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: Spring Training 2017

Post by ulua »

LOL looks like fun

Link

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

haha, yeah I would do that. they should bring that to those stadium pregame things. As for practices, I'll probably try to shoot one if I can wake up early enough to do so before work. Won't have the most info tho, hard to actually watch & shoot at the same time.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Too funny. They started with kicking the ball around, then just started knocking down anyone and everyone, even if they were wearing the same color knockerball. Hope that there were no leg injuries.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Looks like some nice competition going on

http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/warrior-b ... ce-no-4-2/

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I went to last week Saturday’s practice (2/25), but haven’t had time to do a report. These are some observations:

The defense was definitely ahead of the offense as usually is the case in the spring. There are a number of reasons: 1) all QBs are being given equal time, 2) the Oline is patchwork with the graduation losses and Tupai, Allen and Moananu out rehabbing, 3) lots of receivers are being given opportunities and 4) new wrinkles are being put in.

Brown is way ahead of the other QBs. McDonald and Brownholtz have the size and very good speed for QBs. But they haven’t closed the gap yet. Gallup has the best throwing motion of the backups, but is just as inconsistent as McDonald and Brownholtz. All QBs made bad reads and throws (see 4 above).

Armstrong-Brown has good size and speed. Bernard has speed. Both may help stretch the field.

Holly and Daly are looking good at RB. But don’t overlook Ito. He has quick feet, good balance and a lot of heart. He might not play a lot, but he may become a crowd pleaser.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

3/4/17 Practice

The offense is looking a little smoother this Saturday after two weeks of spring practice. The backup QBs still have a way to go, but looked a little better than last week Saturday. Order of QBs was Brown, McDonald, Brownholtz and Gallup.

During a part of the live, full contact drills, Rolo said the QB was live (i.e. could be hit). Brownholtz was in at that time. He completed a couple of passes under pressure. Then he made the biggest play of the day when he scrambled up the middle and went about 50 yards untouched. He has wheels.

Someone I hadn't really noticed before is TE Sione Kauhi. He made some nice catches today.

Moala is huge. Even without pads he is big. He has gained some weight since last year.

Ryan Grice-Mullen addressed the team after practice. Mike Washington was also there.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

More information about spring practice....please. ;-)

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

3/11/17

I got to practice a little late expecting to see them still in group drills. But they were already in a full contact live scrimmage. For over an hour they did situational scrimmaging. 1st and 10. 3rd and long. 4th and short. Red zone. Out of the end zone.

There were some offensive highlights. The biggest play was St. Juste running up the middle for a 50+ yard TD. Brownholtz completed a long pass along the sidelines (not 100% sure who caught it, but it might have been to Armstrong-Brown). On a goal to go play, Ito bounced it outside and out ran the D to the end zone for a TD. Brown completed a corner route to Ursua for a TD

Brownholtz was live again, so the defense could tackle him.

OL Dejon Allen and Alex Sunia were both hurt during the scrimmage. While Allen’s injury looked serious, reports are that it wasn’t too bad.

June Jones was at the practice as well as Mana Tanuvasa and a number of Mililani players.

The offense is way ahead of where it was last spring in terms of its repertoire. Last year, they were struggling and just trying to get the base offense in. I’m not going into details, but this year new stuff is being added in.

I didn’t focus on the defense, but there was some mean hitting going on.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Thanks for the update uhwarriors!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Free Ito.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

uhwarriors wrote:3/11/17
There were some offensive highlights. The biggest play was St. Juste running up the middle for a 50+ yard TD. Brownholtz completed a long pass along the sidelines (not 100% sure who caught it, but it might have been to Armstrong-Brown). On a goal to go play, Ito bounced it outside and out ran the D to the end zone for a TD. Brown completed a corner route to Ursua for a TD
checking my camera for long pass plays, here's the ones I saw. #19 to #45, #20 to #85, #13 to #23, #18 got a pick, then #20 to #49.