Yoro Joins Rainbow Warrior Football Staff

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

The new UH Safeties Coach?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Jacob Yoro –
@CoachYoro
University of Hawaii Football - Safeties Coach - San Bernardino and Orange County Recruiter - Hawaii Born and Raised
Honolulu, HI
https://mobile.twitter.com/coachyoro?lang=en

uhwarriors

Re: The new UH Safeties Coach?

Post by uhwarriors »

I hope he didn't bachi himself. Does anyone remember the last time there was a premature announcement? One of the newscasters announced that Dirk Koetter was selected for the head coach position after McMackin was released. But a couple of days later, the official announcement came out and it was Norm Chow.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

MRC Greenwood is no longer here to nix any coaching hire.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Duster wrote:MRC Greenwood is no longer here to nix any coaching hire.
But still not wise for many reasons to put it up his twitter page before it's officially announced. It could all be moot on Monday or it might not.

BTW, it wasn't so much Greenwood as it was Rockne Freitas. Greenwood had no real interest in athletics.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Spangler mentioned his name the other day but I don't know if he was guessing.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

uhwarriors

Yoro Joins Rainbow Warrior Football Staff

Post by uhwarriors »

http://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2017/2/ ... staff.aspx
HONOLULU – University of Hawai'i head football coach Nick Rolovich announced the hiring of Jacob Yoro as a defensive assistant coach. Yoro will take over the Rainbow Warrior safeties, a position vacated following the departure of former defensive coordinator Kevin Lempa.

"Jake is a guy that I was interested in even before I got the job here at Hawai'i" Rolovich. "I always thought he'd be a good fit with our philosophy. He's well respected on the West Coast, not only for his knowledge but also for the noise he's made on the recruiting side of the game. I have great appreciation for grinders like Jake. We hope he adds to the trust of coaches and players in local recruiting. Local or not, though, Jake is a good ball coach."

Yoro added: "I'm excited and thankful for the opportunity to join the UH football family. Coach Rolo and the rest of the staff have done a tremendous job of creating a culture that fosters greatness both on and off the field."

Yoro is a Mililani, O'ahu native and will return home after spending the last eight years coaching collegiately in California, Oregon, and Montana. Yoro spent the last two seasons as defensive backs coach at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, Calif. In 2016 he helped guide the Mustangs to a 7-5 record and a spot in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision Playoffs.

Prior to Cal Poly, Yoro spent five seasons at Pacific University in Forest Grove, Ore. There he served as the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach. In 2013, Yoro's defense finished the season ranked fifth among NCAA Division III teams in sacks and 28th in tackles for loss. Pacific limited opponents to just 19.6 points per game that season.

During his final season at Pacific he was the assistant head coach. He was also the recruiting coordinator for the Boxers for his last three seasons there. Pacific was his second stop on the collegiate level after spending his first season on the mainland as the linebackers coach at the University of Montana Western in Dillon.

Yoro began his coaching career in the high school ranks on O'ahu. He was a defensive assistant for five seasons at his alma mater, Saint Louis School, including three seasons as the defensive coordinator. During his five years there, the Crusaders advanced to the state finals three times. Yoro also enjoyed stints as a defensive assistant at Mililani High School (2002) and Waipahu High School (2008).

Yoro played his collegiate football at the University of Montana. He was a member of Grizzly teams that advanced to the FCS playoffs in 1998 and '99, before an injury derailed his career.

Locally, Yoro was an all-state linebacker at Saint Louis School, where he played under legendary high school coach and former UH assistant Cal Lee. Yoro graduated with a bachelor's degree in history with a political science minor from UH in 2008.

YORO FILE
Hometown: Mililani, O'ahu
Alma Mater: Hawai'i, 2008

PLAYING EXPERIENCE
1998-2001 Montana

COACHING EXPERIENCE
2015-16 Cal Poly, Defensive Backs
2014 Pacific University (Ore.), Assistant Coach
2010-14 Pacific University (Ore.), Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
2009 Montana Western, Linebackers
2008 Waipahu High School, Linebackers
2003-07 Saint Louis School, Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
2002 Mililani High School, Linebackers

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Yoro Joins Rainbow Warrior Football Staff

Post by My3Cats »

Looks like a solid coaching background and he has been elevating to the next level each time.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

One thing I like about the replacements this time is that it was done quickly. Didn't have to wait for months like in the past.
ImageImage

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Totally agree w Irse!
And Yoro as a newcomer and coming home will likely bring even more excitement and energy to camp.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Irse wrote:One thing I like about the replacements this time is that it was done quickly. Didn't have to wait for months like in the past.
Agree. It is as though they really have a plan in place.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: