Fearless predictions Hawaii Bowl! UH vs MTSU

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Fearless predictions Hawaii Bowl! UH vs MTSU

Post by J-Rod »

Sports Illustrated predicted 52-28 MTSU. Damn.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

It's been 10 years since UH won a bowl game. In those 10 years Hawaii has lost
10-41 Georgia
21-49 Notre Dame
35-62 Tulsa
15.3 - 50.6 Ave
Time to break the curse
J-Rod wrote:Sports Illustrated predicted 52-28 MTSU. Damn.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

A 6-7 team vs. an 8 - 4 team....hopefully this is the game where coaches, offense, defense, and special teams figure it out. With extremely narrow wins vs AFA, Fresno, Tennessee Martin, and U Mass...I don't think we stand a chance. I stand by my original prediction of 57 - 14 Middle Tennessee.

I'm grateful we got to show up in the Hawaii Bowl after all these years and with enough time to prepare...well, anything's possible. Please don't begin with an onside kick, Rolovich.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

SundayJam wrote:A 6-7 team vs. an 8 - 4 team....hopefully this is the game where coaches, offense, defense, and special teams figure it out. With extremely narrow wins vs AFA, Fresno, Tennessee Martin, and U Mass...I don't think we stand a chance. I stand by my original prediction of 57 - 14 Middle Tennessee.

I'm grateful we got to show up in the Hawaii Bowl after all these years and with enough time to prepare...well, anything's possible. Please don't begin with an onside kick, Rolovich.
Their record is deceiving, toughest team they played all year was Western Kentucky. Hawaii on the other hand...Michigan, Cal, Arizona, Boise St, and San Diego St (just blew out Houston). Agreed though we haven't played well recently but I think the long break we'll help our guys refocus and come out prepared. I expect a high scoring game...

Hawaii 45
MTSU 42

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

BigWave96744 wrote:It's been 10 years since UH won a bowl game. In those 10 years Hawaii has lost
10-41 Georgia
21-49 Notre Dame
35-62 Tulsa
15.3 - 50.6 Ave
Time to break the curse
J-Rod wrote:Sports Illustrated predicted 52-28 MTSU. Damn.
Colt Brennan was partying the night before and jj was already gonna leave which is why we lost!

We were over confident going against ND who at that time had a long bowl losing streak!

We were also over confident against Tulsa with moniz salas pilares and green in the offense.

I don't think rolovich will let his team be over confident and will keep everyone in check. This is a must win against MTSU in order for Hawaii to reestablish its legacy after the JJ debacle!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

IMHO -

1) UH would have gotten clobbered by Georgia even IF Colt was sober and clear headed. Georgia was ranked #4 and pissed that they weren't included in the championship game, and were highly motivated. They had the athletes that UH could not compete against.

2) Notre Dame almost always seems to under perform compared to the level of talent on their rosters, year after year. Hawaii could have prepared better, I agree, but this still would have been an ugly loss with the talent disparity.

3) Agreed that UH probably took Tulsa lightly, and paid the price the whole game.

4) The players better not take MTSU lightly - Rolo will not be a happy camper and if he has to clean house in the off season, then so be it.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Honestly, Tulsa and Notre Dame were much better programs than Georgia and the scores showed it. This year's Michigan beat-down was the all time low for the program in terms of getting out-schooled by an opponent.

Prior to the Sugar Bowl, I had never heard the term 'jetting-the-ends' to describe off-sides in a game before. I know a lot of Hawaii fans are still dismayed, but the Georgia bench marks achieved in the Sugar Bowl vs Hawaii were really not that impressive.

Hopefully, Rolovich gets fired up the way he did against Nevada...or we're gonna reek of mediocrity again.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Hawaii is a underdog at home... and Middle-Tenn can score points in bunches. Both team defenses are suspect.

I pick Hawaii defense to do just enough for Hawaii to win a squeaker.

Hawaii 38

Middle-Tenn 35

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

The line opened with Hawaii 4.5 point favorites. We're now 7 point favorites.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Fun fact, last time UH won on ESPN was back in 2011 against Colorado! We need to get rid of this ESPN gorilla!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

SundayJam wrote:The line opened with Hawaii 4.5 point favorites. We're now 7 point favorites.
It's the opposite, we're actually the underdogs. The line likely went up because it was announced that the MTSU qb will play.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Ah...I see that now, and it makes sense.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote:IMHO -

1) UH would have gotten clobbered by Georgia even IF Colt was sober and clear headed. Georgia was ranked #4 and pissed that they weren't included in the championship game, and were highly motivated. They had the athletes that UH could not compete against.

2) Notre Dame almost always seems to under perform compared to the level of talent on their rosters, year after year. Hawaii could have prepared better, I agree, but this still would have been an ugly loss with the talent disparity.

3) Agreed that UH probably took Tulsa lightly, and paid the price the whole game.

4) The players better not take MTSU lightly - Rolo will not be a happy camper and if he has to clean house in the off season, then so be it.

I agree with you, dude. Georgia would have smoked us no matter what. Georgia was said to be the hottest team going into the bowl season, and was pissed that they got snub. A lot of analysts said Georgia was playing like the best team in the nation at the end of the regular season.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

MTSU's defense looks like SDSU's D. I'm just hoping for a good game, a good showing by our team. GO WARRIORS!!!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

stranger808 wrote:
My3Cats wrote:IMHO -

I agree with you, dude. Georgia would have smoked us no matter what. Georgia was said to be the hottest team going into the bowl season, and was pissed that they got snub. A lot of analysts said Georgia was playing like the best team in the nation at the end of the regular season.
Georgia was a better team but hardly the hottest team in that bowl season. Georgia offense: 40 rushes for 160 yards...dominant? No. Passes, 14/27 for 175 yards and an interception...dominant? No. 3rd down conversions: 6/14 . 4th down conversions: 0/2.

Coach's mind was not in the game. Brennan did not have a good day. The rest is history.

As for us this year? We've struggled against everyone with two exceptions: Nevada and San Jose State. The good news is we've learned how not to lose. I hope we can do it again one more time.