It's Middle Tennessee

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Guess whose the Hawaii bowl opponent!

Post by poidog »

shoichikun808 wrote:
poidog wrote:
My3Cats wrote: Sorry, UCF not in Conference USA. :D
because there are not enough teams to fulfill all of the pre-defined bowl tie-ins, there will be some negotiating and shuffling of the deck to get different teams into different bowl games. the Hawaii Bowl may not necessarily end up with a C-USA opponent. Remember when Notre Dame came to town in 2008?
CUSA has 6 bowl tie ins. There is 6 CUSA bowl eligible schools, 7 if North Texas gets in at 5-7. UCF ain't going to the Hawaii Bowl. The only way it's possible is if CUSA fills a bowl spot in one of the bowls they are the backup for (independence bowl)
I didn't say UCF is a lock - it's what I"m hoping for. There will be some negotiating and some tie-ins can be broken if it is mutually beneficial to both parties. my UCF wish probably gets dashed because the Sun Belt's unfulfilled spot in the Cure Bowl will go to them, but who knows. However, ESPN Events, who owns the Hawaii Bowl, also owns 12 other bowl games (including 4 tie-ins to the AAC, 4 tie-ins to C-USA, AND 4 tie-ins to the MWC) so they have some ability to mix and match those match-ups. having a couple of teams with losing records thrown into the mix further diminishes conference tie-ins...

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

It looks like Louisiana Tech v. Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I hope it's not La Tech. No thanks to a past conference game and to be honest...that's not a good matchup for UH.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Why the interest in UCF?????
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

poidog wrote:
My3Cats wrote:
poidog wrote:looks like Old Dominion is out as they received an invite to the Bahamas Bowl. Bring on UCF!
Sorry, UCF not in Conference USA. :D
because there are not enough teams to fulfill all of the pre-defined bowl tie-ins, there will be some negotiating and shuffling of the deck to get different teams into different bowl games. the Hawaii Bowl may not necessarily end up with a C-USA opponent. Remember when Notre Dame came to town in 2008?
Notre Dame has clout because they are a name brand. Notre Dame was recruiting Manti Teo at the time. Everyone wants Notre Dame in their bowl game, and ESPN bent over backwards for them.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

My3Cats wrote:Why the interest in UCF?????
McKenzie Milton who is the starter and freshmen QB at UCF grad from Mililani HS and initially committed to UH before he changed his mind

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Southern Mississippi. These guys can score. Rolo needs to call Aranda and ask what he did when LSU played them.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

RedZone wrote:Southern Mississippi. These guys can score. Rolo needs to call Aranda and ask what he did when LSU played them.
Have better players.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2016/11/2 ... owl-bound/
“Hawaii is in — they’re in,” Wright Waters, executive director of the the Football Bowl Association, told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser today.
While UH will appear in the Dec. 24 Hawaii Bowl the choice of an opponent is up in the air.
The Hawaii Bowl has agreements with the Mountain West and Conference USA but because of the chaos this year might be able to go outside its contracts to secure an opponent for UH.
If this is possible, then I would not mind UH vs. UCF, that would be cool

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

UCF is an AAC school. The bowl tie-in is for C-USA. It will be on of these teams. (Old Dominion has accepted a bowl bid elsewhere)

http://conferenceusa.com/standings.aspx?standings=4

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

couz808 wrote:
McKenzie Milton who is the starter and freshmen QB at UCF grad from Mililani HS and initially committed to UH before he changed his mind
LOL. I live in Mililani. I know that connection. But do you really want to see Milton and UCF humble our Warriors on our home field? Or is it the payback for Milton choosing to go elsewhere, provided that UH pulls out a win? As for me, meh. Why give him a free trip home? Let him experience life, and bowl games elsewhere, preferably somewhere cold.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote:
couz808 wrote:
LOL. I live in Mililani. I know that connection. But do you really want to see Milton and UCF humble our Warriors on our home field? Or is it the payback for Milton choosing to go elsewhere, provided that UH pulls out a win? As for me, meh. Why give him a free trip home? Let him experience life, and bowl games elsewhere, preferably somewhere cold.

I wish the Hawaii Bowl tie-in were with a P-5 conference team. I'd take a 6th place P-5 conference team over the winner or runner-up of a mid-major conference.

iHeart Hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by iHeart Hawaii »

Current bowl projections has Middle Tennessee playing in the Hawaii Bowl :-?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Idk...I hope we don't draw UCF. La Tech may kill us as well but at least we have a fresh rivalry.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

UCF would be fun and interesting with a local boy at QB.
Not gonna happen - but I'd like to see the Warriors play Cal again (5-7) ... I say at home we beat um. lol
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."