shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Fresno State Defense

Post by shrek2 »

Nobody has beaten Fresno State by any large margins. The scores for the home games have been
Sacrament State W 31-3
Tulsa L 41-48
SDSU L 3-17 <- 4 players on Fresno made 10 tackles
Air Force L 21-31
Hawaii's gotta come up with some offense to stop their defense. Hopefully not the same offense but add some trick plays. If they come out with more variety on offense like the last game, it may be Hawaii by 10, otherwise Fresno's gonna come out and beat them with their defense. Also, the guys in the box have to come in fired up from the start otherwise its going to be a long evening.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Fresno State Defense

Post by cabanalane »

I don't think UH need to worry too much about Fresno. That's does not mean they should be taken lightly. I actually think UH is still the same team 3-4 weeks ago. I think there is still the culture of loosing at UH. When they are down, they are out. UH is not a team - mentally, that can come back down 14 or 17 points in the 3rd quarter. A mistake here and there, and the team goes back to the old culture, the old thinking. During the JJ or Mac era, when they are down, they believe they can come back. Whether they do or not is not don't matter.

Perhaps UH need to hire Tony Robbins.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I think UH will be fine. BSU and SDSU are in a different echelon than UH. Even New Mexico is on its way to at worst a 7-5 season. This isn't the old WAC anymore, but 1-9 Fresno is what the doctor ordered. If nothing else, the Bulldogs will find a way to lose.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I hope you're right. I hate to see a situation where the crowd gets the defense of Fresno going to the point where UH can't move the ball. Apparently they knew the secret of stopping SDSU's run game which Hawaii could not. And, although Hawaii could, they scored 3 points against SDSU. I feel better about Hawaii losing 28-14 to SDSU than a 55-0 score this year. Remember the old UH teams that had great defenses? That's what excited the crowd the most. Those were the days of Levi Stanley, Cliff Laboy, and Al Noga to follow.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Fortunately, there wasn't much of a crowd of Fresno fans to pump up the Bulldog defense. From the view on pay per view it looked like there was almost as many Hawaii fans in attendance.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.