xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Looks like longshot for KT to return

Post by xer 21 »

My3Cats wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
My3Cats wrote:When was the last time that UH accepted a second chance athlete who screwed up at another school and got kicked out? If that was in the years with June Jones, then that's at least 8 years ago, if not longer. Chow didn't. Mack didn't. And so far, Rolo hasn't. Can't say that this is a policy. When was the last time that UH allowed a student athlete that they kicked out back into the program? I can't think of any.
Luke Shawley under Chow, but again, the trend has always been giving a second chance to people who messed up OUTSIDE of the university, never while enrolled.
If I'm not mistaken, Shawley was kicked out of the Navy, but completed two seasons with San Diego Mesa Junior College before joining Hawaii. And with UH, I thought that he quit the team in his senior season - don't remember anything about him being kicked out, then reinstated by Chow.
OH, i was Saying Shawley got a second chance with UH, not that he did something wrong here and THEN got a second chance.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

xer 21 wrote:
SundayJam wrote:
xer 21 wrote: I would also say that

A) that was chow's regime
B) a DUI where no one gets hurt is a little different than a crime with a victim.
The crime KT is being kicked off the team for is the belated reporting of the destruction of a dashboard navigator. With all due respect, who the EF needs a dashboard navigator in Hawaii?!!! Actually, haven't they all been replaced by smart phones anyway? Also, my dad was killed by a drunk driver on the Pali in the early 70's so I know DUI's can be pretty serious.

The program ought to give the KID a second chance.
If they don't, it's our loss.
Wow, who are YOU to decide what someone NEEDS? it doesnt even matter if he NEEDS it. this is the most selfish thing i've seen all year.

I know DUIS are serious. but at the end of the day, they hit no one. which matters.
What an incredibly insensitive response to a personal tragedy I shared with you. Yes, lives do matter more than property...especially useless, obsolete, overpriced garbage that has already been replaced by a cell phone app. KT has been thrown under the bus for an accident to a dew-hickey on a dashboard.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Safety Janzen Jackson and receiver Nu'Keese Richardson, two of coach Lane Kiffin's most prized signees from his first recruiting class, were among three Tennessee football players arrested early Thursday morning in Knoxville on charges of attempted armed robbery.

The third player arrested was also a freshman, defensive back Mike Edwards. It was not immediately clear if the players have attorneys.

According to a Knoxville City Police report, the arrests stemmed from an attempted robbery outside a convenience store near campus. A powered pellet gun was recovered in the players' car after they were stopped by police near the Gibbs Hall dormitory on campus, where the Vols' freshman football players live.

At least one of the players arrested was wearing some type of Tennessee gear during the attempted robbery, according to police.

A fourth suspect, a woman alleged to have been driving a car with the three players as passengers, was also arrested.

According to the police report, the victims of the robbery were in their car outside a Pilot convenience store, parked next to a Toyota Prius, when a black male approached wearing a hooded sweatshirt, brandishing what appeared to be a handgun, opened the drivers' side door and said "Give me everything you have." A second black male also wearing a hooded sweatshirt then came around to the passenger side of the victims' car, opened it and said, "give us everything you've got."

But when the victims opened their wallets and showed they had no money, a third black male approached the other two and said "we've got to go," and all three got into the Prius and drove away, according to the police report.

Police said when they pulled over the Prius, they found a black air-powered pellet gun and a pair of hooded sweatshirts. Police also said they found a marijuana grinder, which the driver, Marie Montmarquet, said belonged to her, and a baggie containing what appeared to be marijuana in Montmarquet's jacket.

According to police, the victims later identified Edwards and Richardson as the men who had approached them.
This was the most renowned player of the Chow era during the dark ages.
Redemption is something Hawaii football used to be known for.
Now, we discard our best local talent because of the accidental damage to a useless piece of unwanted crap.
It's disgraceful.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
SundayJam wrote:
The crime KT is being kicked off the team for is the belated reporting of the destruction of a dashboard navigator. With all due respect, who the EF needs a dashboard navigator in Hawaii?!!! Actually, haven't they all been replaced by smart phones anyway? Also, my dad was killed by a drunk driver on the Pali in the early 70's so I know DUI's can be pretty serious.

The program ought to give the KID a second chance.
If they don't, it's our loss.
Wow, who are YOU to decide what someone NEEDS? it doesnt even matter if he NEEDS it. this is the most selfish thing i've seen all year.

I know DUIS are serious. but at the end of the day, they hit no one. which matters.
What an incredibly insensitive response to a personal tragedy I shared with you. Yes, lives do matter more than property...especially useless, obsolete, overpriced garbage that has already been replaced by a cell phone app. KT has been thrown under the bus for an accident to a dew-hickey on a dashboard.
youre missing my point. I never addressed your personal tragedy at all. Lives do matter more than property, which would be relevant if either of those people had injured or killed anyone. but they didnt. that's the point. conflating those DUIS as somehow equal to a drunk driver killing someone is like saying that a threat is the same thing as a murder. its not.

Those DUIS are not the same as KT. and if they'd actuually hit anything at all, living or otherwise, you can bet that they wouldnt have been back.

targets.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:
Safety Janzen Jackson and receiver Nu'Keese Richardson, two of coach Lane Kiffin's most prized signees from his first recruiting class, were among three Tennessee football players arrested early Thursday morning in Knoxville on charges of attempted armed robbery.

The third player arrested was also a freshman, defensive back Mike Edwards. It was not immediately clear if the players have attorneys.

According to a Knoxville City Police report, the arrests stemmed from an attempted robbery outside a convenience store near campus. A powered pellet gun was recovered in the players' car after they were stopped by police near the Gibbs Hall dormitory on campus, where the Vols' freshman football players live.

At least one of the players arrested was wearing some type of Tennessee gear during the attempted robbery, according to police.

A fourth suspect, a woman alleged to have been driving a car with the three players as passengers, was also arrested.

According to the police report, the victims of the robbery were in their car outside a Pilot convenience store, parked next to a Toyota Prius, when a black male approached wearing a hooded sweatshirt, brandishing what appeared to be a handgun, opened the drivers' side door and said "Give me everything you have." A second black male also wearing a hooded sweatshirt then came around to the passenger side of the victims' car, opened it and said, "give us everything you've got."

But when the victims opened their wallets and showed they had no money, a third black male approached the other two and said "we've got to go," and all three got into the Prius and drove away, according to the police report.

Police said when they pulled over the Prius, they found a black air-powered pellet gun and a pair of hooded sweatshirts. Police also said they found a marijuana grinder, which the driver, Marie Montmarquet, said belonged to her, and a baggie containing what appeared to be marijuana in Montmarquet's jacket.

According to police, the victims later identified Edwards and Richardson as the men who had approached them.
This was the most renowned player of the Chow era during the dark ages.
Redemption is something Hawaii football used to be known for.
Now, we discard our best local talent because of the accidental damage to a useless piece of unwanted crap.
It's disgraceful.
Yeah, remember when Mike Edwrads did all this at Hawaii?

Again, you're just blatantly ignoring everyone's points. no one said we never gave a second chance to edwards. we made a distinction between us giving second chances to people who screwed up ELSEWHERE vs us pretty much never giving second chances to people who screwed up HERE.

targets.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

But why give guys who screwed up elsewhere a second chance, but not our local guy who screws up here?
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I'm sorry I value the life of a troubled player who made a seemingly harmless mistake in judgement. One shouldn't punch dashboards because it may cause seemingly worthless electronic garbage to break. Just when you think no harm has been done, girl friend's dad calls the police after he finds out just how much that obsolete electronica costs. I hate this decision by the University.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam, I admire your passion and loyalty regarding this matter. However, I feel that the effort truly is Sisyphean (I had to look up this word for the meaning! :wink: ).
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

My3cats - I don't think it has to be.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Different regime. Maybe different standards? In that case it may require a regime change or personnel reassignment.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

To be, or not to be, that is the eternal question that Shakespeare presented for all future generations to ponder. And BTW ...

"Interim Vice Chancellor Lori Ideta recently turned down Tulimasealii’s request to rescind the dismissal or convert it into a suspension, making it unlikely he will play for the Rainbow Warriors again."

Pretty tough to get past this. Not impossible, but certainly an uphill battle.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Sadly, the boulder keeps rolling back down ...

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote:SundayJam, I admire your passion and loyalty regarding this matter. However, I feel that the effort truly is Sisyphean (I had to look up this word for the meaning! :wink: ).
I was merely expressing outrage at the turn of events. At no point did I ever believe I could persuade x-er over to my way of thinking.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote:
My3Cats wrote:SundayJam, I admire your passion and loyalty regarding this matter. However, I feel that the effort truly is Sisyphean (I had to look up this word for the meaning! :wink: ).
I was merely expressing outrage at the turn of events. At no point did I ever believe I could persuade x-er over to my way of thinking.
No problem. Many of us are outraged because we are fans, but at least we can express our opinions on this forum. I just think that Kennedy's lawyer blew it with the no contest plea, thinking that it would allow him the opportunity to rejoin the team anytime soon. But the lawyer really failed to read the student-athlete code of conduct regarding no contest pleas.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Grinch wrote:But why give guys who screwed up elsewhere a second chance, but not our local guy who screws up here?
To answer that, I dont know, but that's how pretty much everywhere operates. i think its about reputation. schools need to embody the no tolerance rules they set for themselves. if they cant appear to hold the line at all times, their reputation fades. besides, any repeat offense just looks that much worse. when you go elswhere, you get a fresh start.

Honestly, I think it happens this way because its generally beneficial to BOTH parties.
SundayJam wrote:I'm sorry I value the life of a troubled player who made a seemingly harmless mistake in judgement. One shouldn't punch dashboards because it may cause seemingly worthless electronic garbage to break. Just when you think no harm has been done, girl friend's dad calls the police after he finds out just how much that obsolete electronica costs. I hate this decision by the University.
You can minimize it all you want, but its not harmless, its not worthless garbage, and if he broke your dashboard, you'd be pissed too. what, so the reason we shouldnt punch our wives is because they might accidentally break too? No, you dont do it because that's not an acceptable way to express your actor, and because YOU dont get to decide what someone else's stuff is worth. All you're doing is condoning KT throwing temper tantrums in the middle of domestic disputes. To be perfectly honest, attitudes like yours are part of what make domestic violence still too prevalent.

One shouldnt punch dashboards in anger because thats not how a well put together person conducts themselves. KT did this to himself, Not UH. And he needs to learn his lesson. and he's not goign to learn it by getting back on the team.

targets.