Post by SundayJam »

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Looks like longshot for KT to return

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:
xer 21 wrote: he didnt get railroaded. this is 100% his own fault. there isnt anything shady going on here. that's the point.
It's all shady. The university, almost as a policy, overlooks criminal acts by recruits that aren't wanted by other programs, but we reject one of our own on trumped up charges?!!!! Come on!!! He broke his girlfriend's dashboard navigator in an argument so we should kick him out school? What's more, this was an unreported incident prior to the bogus DV charge. In other words, the property damage didn't really matter to the family concerned until it became newsworthy.

Kennedy was railroaded.
no he wasnt. take off the fan blinders.

its not shady. there's a clear distinction between someone messing up elsewhere, and someone messing up while enrolled in school.

and calling it a bogus charge just shows your bias. its not bogus. its not like they even charged that he hit her. there's a reason he plead no contest and it wasnt because he was 100% clean.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

When was the last time that UH accepted a second chance athlete who screwed up at another school and got kicked out? If that was in the years with June Jones, then that's at least 8 years ago, if not longer. Chow didn't. Mack didn't. And so far, Rolo hasn't. Can't say that this is a policy. When was the last time that UH allowed a student athlete that they kicked out back into the program? I can't think of any.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

My3Cats wrote:When was the last time that UH accepted a second chance athlete who screwed up at another school and got kicked out? If that was in the years with June Jones, then that's at least 8 years ago, if not longer. Chow didn't. Mack didn't. And so far, Rolo hasn't. Can't say that this is a policy. When was the last time that UH allowed a student athlete that they kicked out back into the program? I can't think of any.
Luke Shawley under Chow, but again, the trend has always been giving a second chance to people who messed up OUTSIDE of the university, never while enrolled.

targets.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Mike Edwards, Pai Pai Falemalu, Caymen Shutter....

When I read things like, "the whole thing was blown way out of proportion," by eyewitnesses, I am skeptical. Then, when no serious charge could be had from the original arrest, collateral damage from a previous argument is brought to the attention of the police and a second arrest is made. I'm sorry, the whole thing stinks. Give the kid (yes, he still strikes me as being a kid) some anger management and relationship counseling.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:Mike Edwards, Pai Pai Falemalu, Caymen Shutter....

When I read things like, "the whole thing was blown way out of proportion," by eyewitnesses, I am skeptical. Then, when no serious charge could be had from the original arrest, collateral damage from a previous argument is brought to the attention of the police and a second arrest is made. I'm sorry, the whole thing stinks. Give the kid (yes, he still strikes me as being a kid) some anger management and relationship counseling.
what exactly did Pai Pai, Edwards, and Shutter do while a member of the team?

and he's not a kid. that's just condescending. He's only a "kid" because it lets us feel like his actions are more excusable if we take away his agency as an adult. its a cop out.

and calling it "Collateral damage" has to be the lamest way ive ever seen someone trying to spin property damage.

He needs help, and he's not going to get it on this football team.

targets.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

xer 21 wrote: what exactly did Pai Pai, Edwards, and Shutter do while a member of the team?

and he's not a kid. that's just condescending. He's only a "kid" because it lets us feel like his actions are more excusable if we take away his agency as an adult. its a cop out.

and calling it "Collateral damage" has to be the lamest way ive ever seen someone trying to spin property damage.

He needs help, and he's not going to get it on this football team.
1. Mike Edwards committed some serious crimes and could not play anywhere else. We overlooked serious criminal behavior and gave him a second chance. This was a response to mythreecats. Pai Pai and Caymen were charged with dui's while on the team.

2. There are reasons we have age minimums for many things. What's the minimum age to be elected president of the United States, for instance?

3. It was extremely unfortunate that a dashboard navigator was broken when KT punched the dashboard in a rage. I doubt seriously that that was his intent.

It seems we have irreconcilable differences of opinion.
I wish Kennedy luck and I wish the school had treated him more fairly.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Paipai NEVER got arrested for anything in his life

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:
2. There are reasons we have age minimums for many things. What's the minimum age to be elected president of the United States, for instance?
legally, he's an adult by any measure though. so that's irrelevant.
SundayJam wrote:
3. It was extremely unfortunate that a dashboard navigator was broken when KT punched the dashboard in a rage. I doubt seriously that that was his intent.
it doesnt matter what his intent is. the fact that he punched ANYTHING in rage is really the crux of the problem here.

no one cares what your intent is when you punch something in rage.

targets.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Paipai NEVER got arrested for anything in his life
I would also say that

A) that was chow's regime
B) a DUI where no one gets hurt is a little different than a crime with a victim.

targets.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

BigWave96744 wrote:Paipai NEVER got arrested for anything in his life
My bad, Alema Tachibana was arrested.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

xer 21 wrote: I would also say that

B) a DUI where no one gets hurt is a little different than a crime with a victim.
The crime KT is being kicked off the team for is the belated reporting of the destruction of a dashboard navigator. With all due respect, who the EF needs a dashboard navigator in Hawaii?!!! Actually, haven't they all been replaced by smart phones anyway? Also, my dad was killed by a drunk driver on the Pali in the early 70's so I know DUI's can be pretty serious.

The program ought to give the KID a second chance.
If they don't, it's our loss.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:
xer 21 wrote: I would also say that

The crime KT is being kicked off the team for is the belated reporting of the destruction of a dashboard navigator. With all due respect, who the EF needs a dashboard navigator in Hawaii?!!! Actually, haven't they all been replaced by smart phones anyway? Also, my dad was killed by a drunk driver on the Pali in the early 70's so I know DUI's can be pretty serious.

The program ought to give the KID a second chance.
If they don't, it's our loss.
Wow, who are YOU to decide what someone NEEDS? it doesnt even matter if he NEEDS it. this is the most selfish thing i've seen all year.

I know DUIS are serious. but at the end of the day, they hit no one. which matters.

targets.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

xer 21 wrote:
My3Cats wrote:When was the last time that UH accepted a second chance athlete who screwed up at another school and got kicked out? If that was in the years with June Jones, then that's at least 8 years ago, if not longer. Chow didn't. Mack didn't. And so far, Rolo hasn't. Can't say that this is a policy. When was the last time that UH allowed a student athlete that they kicked out back into the program? I can't think of any.
Luke Shawley under Chow, but again, the trend has always been giving a second chance to people who messed up OUTSIDE of the university, never while enrolled.
If I'm not mistaken, Shawley was kicked out of the Navy, but completed two seasons with San Diego Mesa Junior College before joining Hawaii. And with UH, I thought that he quit the team in his senior season - don't remember anything about him being kicked out, then reinstated by Chow.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.