UH Blows It

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

UH Blows It

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

The Rainbow Warriors always find a way to blow it. This is the first time in three seasons I have seen the stadium filled with this many fans and they give up 41 points to UNLV. It's pretty sad.

Aloha Stadium will never have that attendance again unless they win against Air Force.

I mentioned this after the game that we will never see this again and a drunk man threatened to beat me up. Whatever. I was stating a pure fact, which is UH fans aren't willing to go to the games when they lose unlike me who still went to every home game, even with Chow.

Possibly, this ruined their chances of a bowl game as well. When UH won three in a row the possibility of a bowl game was on the back of our minds. We will see what happens.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: UH Blows It

Post by reignjah11 »

Yeah, had we won then we could afford to lose one more game to a team other than Boise and SDST and still make a bowl game. Now we must win out against Air Force, New Mexico, Fresno St, and UMASS to go bowling. As much as I would like us pull an upset against Boise and San Diego St, we're not good enough for that yet.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

UH got outcoached by UNLV. Tony Sanchez knew exactly how to prepare for the game. UNLV beat UNR last year so I think he was looking for a pistol type offense. Also, the kids from UNLV were hitting the receivers after they caught the ball and sometimes before they caught the ball which is something they got away with. I'm still glad that we have Rolo, though because he is going to learn from this game and we may be competitive in Las Vegas next year. I think Sanchez is headed to bigger and better in the college ranks soon. I hope Rolo sticks with Hawaii and they compensate him to stick around.

As for players, I think that Marcus Kemp is a class receiver and hope he gets a try out in the NFL. Loved the way he defended his quarterback and the way he did it with class in the post game interview.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Disappointing. Unsatisfying. Too many mistakes and they cost UH the game this time.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Didn't we all say the same about basketball after we busted against Long Beach State? Win and fans will come back. Win big and even more fans will come.

Regardless of the loss, it was a high scoring game and it came down to the end. That alone would keep fans interested for our next home game.