Dru Brown Starting against Nevada

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Dru Brown Starting against Nevada

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/CollinHarmonHNN/status/780485421813735424 https://twitter.com/StephenTsai/status/780487343278915584

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Dru Brown Starting against Nevada

Post by poidog »

there it is. now all the whining in the comments of stephen tsai's blog can stop... except for those guys who think Zwahlen is getting the shaft.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

What if he doesn't live up to their expectations as a starter?
But, glad he's getting his shot. Wonder who else is gonna get their first start? I still say we should, if anyone is available, move some players from offensive line to dline. Or, maybe linebacker to DE (like Tavai)? We need more big bodies in the def trenches.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Kudos to Rolo for making the change, (something Chow had a hard time doing) I think this is something that had to be done, whether it works or not, they had to try something.
Who knows Dru might be the guy. This is kind of the same thing JJ did with Tyler and Colt, before naming CB the starter and look what happen after that. if it does not pan out with Dru, then next man up. But the change was/is needed, and I believe this is a perfect time for a change while the season is still young.

Now if only we can the D on track.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

poidog wrote:there it is. now all the whining in the comments of stephen tsai's blog can stop... except for those guys who think Zwahlen is getting the shaft.
lol

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

it's the right choice, at the right time. Now, Dru can get a full week of practice in as the #1 QB.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

The way Dru plays Ikaika better be ready to go.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Grinch wrote:What if he doesn't live up to their expectations as a starter?
But, glad he's getting his shot. Wonder who else is gonna get their first start? I still say we should, if anyone is available, move some players from offensive line to dline. Or, maybe linebacker to DE (like Tavai)? We need more big bodies in the def trenches.
Okeke, Hicks and Santiago need to play way more. Not sure about changing OL to DL bc they'd have a learning curve, so that would have to be in place in the spring or summer.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Good for Dru. He'll get the 1st team reps, and I expect the gameplan to be tailored to his strengths - which Nevada may not really have much film on to prepare. Looking forward to seeing how he does with the keys to the offense.

Ikaika sounds like he is not pouting or feeling sorry for himself. I respect that. He better have his head on if he needs to enter the game at a moment's notice.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

you already know cuz.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Heard on the news that Timoteo was taking first team reps with Barker. Good to see coaches are pushing players.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

"BEATS by Dru"
Lol
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

ulua wrote:Kudos to Rolo for making the change, (something Chow had a hard time doing) I think this is something that had to be done, whether it works or not, they had to try something.
Who knows Dru might be the guy. This is kind of the same thing JJ did with Tyler and Colt, before naming CB the starter and look what happen after that.
There's a lot of similarities there where Colt couldn't start because he only had a few weeks of practice in the offense before the first game, even though he took over sooner than Dru did (3rd game I think). Perhaps if Dru had come in during the spring, he could have won the job by fall camp like Bryant Moniz did.

The cool thing about looking back at team history is that you realize that you've seen versions of the same things before and hopefully the success of the past will eventually be repeated...