What we learned after the first 7 weeks!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: What we learned after the first 6 weeks!

Post by reignjah11 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Observations
- Ha'a done after running out of the tunnel got he crowd going, more than when they do it 20 minutes before kickoff in a mostly empty stadium
- Gaylord still got a way of getting the crowd excited after kickoffs
- Lots of Alum in the stands or on the sideline
- At the end of the 3rd Qtr, Kapena's Masese & Cheehoo cam is way better in getting the crowd going than take me home country road
Yeah, i really liked the changes they made for the nevada game. They also played "we will rock you" on the opening kickoff which i liked as well. Now all we need is Vili to come back!

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

reignjah11 wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:Observations
- Ha'a done after running out of the tunnel got he crowd going, more than when they do it 20 minutes before kickoff in a mostly empty stadium
- Gaylord still got a way of getting the crowd excited after kickoffs
- Lots of Alum in the stands or on the sideline
- At the end of the 3rd Qtr, Kapena's Masese & Cheehoo cam is way better in getting the crowd going than take me home country road
Yeah, i really liked the changes they made for the nevada game. They also played "we will rock you" on the opening kickoff which i liked as well. Now all we need is Vili to come back!
I still remember "we will rock you" with that video of whatever show that was (some bar) being played during the JJ years. I enjoyed that as a small kid for some reason lol

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

ha'a audience larger.
gaylord still inspires.
wisconsin offense only scored four more points than hawaii offense against michigan.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I'm afraid that Gaylord may hurt himself. Don't want to lose him.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

i learned that this is a great site for warrior information. There's recruiting info., Na Koa, Game photos, great comments etc...Only thing that I'm wondering is, with such a fantastic site, why aren't there more fans here talking football?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

stranger808 wrote:Only thing that I'm wondering is, with such a fantastic site, why aren't there more fans here talking football?
5 consecutive losing seasons is probably the reason

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

RedZone wrote:I'm afraid that Gaylord may hurt himself. Don't want to lose him.
yeah, with the offense being more productive as of late, the sheer amount of tumbles he'll do in a game could take a toll. :lol:

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

ubercow wrote:
RedZone wrote:I'm afraid that Gaylord may hurt himself. Don't want to lose him.
yeah, with the offense being more productive as of late, the sheer amount of tumbles he'll do in a game could take a toll. :lol:
Maybe less tumbles but more fist pumps (woo! woo! woo!) haha

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BigWave96744 wrote:
stranger808 wrote:Only thing that I'm wondering is, with such a fantastic site, why aren't there more fans here talking football?
5 consecutive losing seasons is probably the reason
Yeah, it's nowhere near how busy it was during 2006-2007. I remember spending half my workday hitting the refresh button and seeing new posts being posted constantly. Now, the same thread stays at the top of the list almost all week. But, we will be great again. Like Pride Rock, SH will be great again. We are all message board Simbas...

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

stranger808 wrote:i learned that this is a great site for warrior information. There's recruiting info., Na Koa, Game photos, great comments etc...Only thing that I'm wondering is, with such a fantastic site, why aren't there more fans here talking football?
Hawaii has 3 main "Hawaii football talk" locations.

-Tsai's Warrior Beat blog comments.

-Hawaii Scout Forum

- Sports Hawaii (here)

The most active forum imo is the Scout Forum but might not be everyone's cup of tea.

UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

Good Memories..I think I joined this site right after the Michigan St. game in 2005....Crazy that its been 11 years...Met alot of people on the Alabama, New Orleans and Florida trips..At that time we were trying to attend a road game every year...Florida was the last one :( hoping to make it to UCLA next season

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I learned we should have score 40+ vs CAL & 50+ vs Nevada. I believe a 60 or 70 point game is coming for the Rainbow Warriors this season.

High scoring offense will put okoles back in the stands

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

stranger808 wrote:i learned that this is a great site for warrior information. There's recruiting info., Na Koa, Game photos, great comments etc...Only thing that I'm wondering is, with such a fantastic site, why aren't there more fans here talking football?

Thank you for all the response to my question. Now, I understand what's going on a lot more, makes a lot of sense. Anyways, I learned for a first time Head Football Coach, Rolo is one smart bugga! It's more than X and O's to be a good college football HC, and Rolo gets "it".

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Cal lost to Oregon State 47-44
Michigan beat Rutgers (Big 10 match up) 78-0
UT Martin beats Austin Peay 45-31
Arizona lost to #24 Utah 36-23
Nevada beat Fresno State 27-22 (Fresno State 3rd and 4 to score within one minute, Nevada held)

Hawaii's looking pretty competitive.

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

shoichikun808 wrote:
Hawaii has 3 main "Hawaii football talk" locations.

-Tsai's Warrior Beat blog comments.

-Hawaii Scout Forum

- Sports Hawaii (here)

The most active forum imo is the Scout Forum but might not be everyone's cup of tea.
You can also check out the fan Facebook page, Hawaii Warrior Nation. People comment, post photos, videos, and links. Very active and has 2,400 members.

The Mountain West Conference message board is also a fun place to get information and read smack talk. There are around 5 Hawaii posters who contribute frequently. Also some fans who consider UH their second fav team, their first being their school. And then the perennial haters.