Interesting coincidence with our first 5 games and Dec 7th

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Interesting coincidence with our first 5 games and Dec 7th

Post by chawan_cut »

A caller just called 1420 just now and said it's pretty ironic that the order of our schedule this year is eerily similar to Battleship Row on Dec 7th.
We opened the season with California, (skip 2 boats), played Tennessee (Martin), Arizona next, and then Nevada after the bye. That and how Arizona is going to remember the 75th year of the attack at this game.

Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

Desert Isle
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Diamondbacks
NBA: Suns
NFL: Cardinals

Re: Interesting coincidence with our first 5 games and Dec 7th

Post by Desert Isle »

That's pretty cool. Rich Rodriguez is from West Virginia if you want to take care of that ship. You should've played Oklahoma instead of Michigan! :D

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

WOW! I never thought of that and I love reading about the attack on Dec. 7, 1941!

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I used to cheat in the game of battleship. Every time my opponent would call out a coordinate where my ship was, I would just move the ship.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

UnBiasFan wrote:I used to cheat in the game of battleship. Every time my opponent would call out a coordinate where my ship was, I would just move the ship.
I never thought to do that! LOL

Although you couldn't do that with Electronic Battleship, you know.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I hate people bringing up December 7th, Remember Pearl Harbor, and all that other bullshit. It wasn't a sneak attack as the Honolulu Advertiser on November 30th said that the Japanese was going to attack that week. It was a military attack on a military installation. Its not the way wars are fought these days with military attacks on civilian populations which is far worse. If the sailors didn't know the Japanese were going to attack somebody should have told them to read the November 30, 1941 front page headlines in the Honolulu Advertiser.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Franklin D. Roosevelt needed something to get the American people and Congress riled up in order to get the US involved in the war. I believe that the code breakers may have already broken the Japanese code by then and the top American military and Roosevelt knew what was going to happen. America was a pacifistic nation at that time. England needed the US to get into the war big time. Nazi Germany was against Japan launching the Pearl Harbor attack because they knew that it would draw the US into to war on both fronts. In the eyes of most people, it was a surprise attack, and it worked in drawing the US into the war.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.