All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: Dark Green Helmets???

Post by stranger808 »

ulua wrote:
Irse wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:For Hawaii's last game, they should wear their road white unis. Make it a white out and have the fans wear white too (like wahine volleyball did this past weekend). Just to change things up since we've been on a losing streak at home. Plus our home unis are ugly anyway and don't match. Maybe our road luck can rub off at home!
Probably not going to happen. UMass is already here and they probably brought their road jerseys.
I wish we had some Nike throwback unis or was it reebok or both? I just hate our UA unis, never liked any of them. UGLY

Yes, the UA uniforms stink! My favorite was the 2002 season, the all black, green helmets. I think, Nike uniforms.

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

On Twitter Rolo told me that new units are in store for next year. Said the budget for this year (UA allowance?) was all used up.

And when is Na Koa going to start the new helmet fund raiser?

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

ulua wrote:I wish we had some Nike throwback unis or was it reebok or both? I just hate our UA unis, never liked any of them. UGLY
100% agree. The Nike unis were by far the nicest we've had in decades, maybe ever. Simple jerseys and pants with zero stripes or color-blocking. The single band of tapa print on the pants, which was cool BTW, and the custom "Hawaiian" font of the lettering and numbers made those unis unique without being flashy.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

if i remember right, Rolo said he'll address the uniforms in the off-season. I hope the UH has say on the design, the Chow era uniforms are hideous, the away all whites i can live with, but the home uniforms...splat.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UA hasn't shown that they can design anything but fugly, as far as uniforms go. I sure do hope that Rolo is given a lot of input into their design options.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

UA's logo is ugly. That's a non-starter for me. I wouldn't want that plastered on my shoes or hats or anything beyond a very small patch on a sleeve or whatever. Re-sign with Nike.

Whiplash808

Post by Whiplash808 »

Speaking of the old JJ era uniforms . . .

https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/stat ... 1307839488

Although not the dark green helmets (and I DO hope we go back to them as well), I saw this on Rob DeMello's Twitter account and agree whole heartedly with him . . . hmmm, maybe he knows something we don't yet??

BTW, everyone seems to talk about going back with Nike. First of all, I agree, the UA designs so far have been crap. Second, IIRC, the first version of the JJ-era unis was done by Reebok. It was only in the last couple of years, I believe, ending with the Sugar Bowl, when Nike had the uniform contract. Lastly, I don't think Nike ever gave UH the type of goods in kind or cash that uH has realized under the current UA deal. However, that might all be moot as the UA contract is set to expire soon anyway. We shall see.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

This is the uni that got a lot of attention.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/univers ... ohio-state
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Whiplash808 wrote:Speaking of the old JJ era uniforms . . .

https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/stat ... 1307839488

Although not the dark green helmets (and I DO hope we go back to them as well), I saw this on Rob DeMello's Twitter account and agree whole heartedly with him . . . hmmm, maybe he knows something we don't yet??

BTW, everyone seems to talk about going back with Nike. First of all, I agree, the UA designs so far have been crap. Second, IIRC, the first version of the JJ-era unis was done by Reebok. It was only in the last couple of years, I believe, ending with the Sugar Bowl, when Nike had the uniform contract. Lastly, I don't think Nike ever gave UH the type of goods in kind or cash that uH has realized under the current UA deal. However, that might all be moot as the UA contract is set to expire soon anyway. We shall see.

Thank you for that flash back, I loved those road uniforms, I thought they looked great!!!!