Dark Green Helmets???

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Dark Green Helmets???

Post by J-Rod »

Yeah, not a huge fan of that. Can we at least do something different? It's literally the regular logo and tapa just thrown onto a white helmet.

Do what Boise and a lot of other schools do...blow up the logo to make it bigger on one side of the helmet, and the player's number on the other in UH's styled font.

This is too Wyoming for me. :lol:

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

Did a little online shopping last night. A modern helmet (Riddell Speed Flex) with the new impact resistant tech will run $400+ each optioned out with face mask & chin strap. Now with about 100 (give or take) players, to equip separate practice and game helmets, that makes 200 helmets @ $400 ea. That's $80k for the first round of helmets. Add in spare parts and extra helmets for replacements and swaps and you can creep up on $100k on the base helmets.

My point (and I do have one) is perhaps the helmets are all white so they can be used for games and practice as a cost savings measure. Or perhaps as a way to use up existing helmets before a re-vamped helmet program next season (new vendor, updated tech).

I'm probably thinking about this too much...

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Wait, ST said that these white helmets are the refurbished white retro helmets, so that means we should still have our Dark Green helmets right?
The Dark Green is just apart of UH it is know all across the country, when people see that helmet they automatically know it's UH, the white is ok, but it's just like any other helmet it's not unique like the dark green.
Just my opinion, bring back the Dark Green at least for home games.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

for me, it's win games this season.

i'm not into the color of the helmet as much as i am about winning games this year. winning games fills seats, pays the bills, brings in donations and funds for improvements next year on and off the field.

i'd rather have a performance statement than a fashion statement on the field.

e ku, e ku.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

st808 wrote:for me, it's win games this season.

i'm not into the color of the helmet as much as i am about winning games this year. winning games fills seats, pays the bills, brings in donations and funds for improvements next year on and off the field.

i'd rather have a performance statement than a fashion statement on the field.

e ku, e ku.
only took 19 posts for someone to come in and be "that guy" in the thread about helmet color.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

i don't care what you guys say - I like the white helmets. a while helmet on top of a green jersey reminds me of the old days, but without having to throw rainbows on top of everything. I wish we had enough funds to have several diferent helmet options throughout the season. maybe one day...

Oh, and I like the suggestion that someone had about maybe the white helmets help to make the receivers easier to see. dunno if that is true but that would be interesting if so...

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

At least wear white pants at home to match the white helmets if your gonna get rid of the green helmets. Why the heck do they have grey in their uniform anyway? When JJ introduced the silver helmets and pants to the ensemble, all I heard was whining and b!tchn from the "older" folk but now I don't hear a peep from them about the grey pants. Hypocrites I tell you. At least JJs silver helmets and pants combo looked cool. These "new" home unis look fugly.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Yeah I don't like the pants. I really like the white helmits ... maybe w white pants and tribal stripe up the side?
And those silver helmits were sick.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

The biggest problems about the pants are the big-okole stripe going down the side with "HAWAII" written on it. Looks like sweatpants you can buy in the UH bookstore. Yes, everyone knows we're the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, no need to write it on the jerseys AND the pants.

Either solid color pants or the tone-on-tone pattern they have now minus the stripe/lettering. Keep it simple.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

For those that missed this...

Blame Norm. My guess: we'll be back in black come 2017.

http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/warrior-b ... -captains/
Q: Any chance of bringing back the all-black home uniforms?

A: Although Rolovich would like to use all-black uniforms, they are not available for this season. “This jersey combination was in the works — same with the white helmets — before I got the job (in November 2015),” Rolovich said. “I’d like to see the dark helmets come back, too. I’d love to see an all-black uniform. I think it would be really good. I think people kind of identify with us when we come out with the (all-black uniforms).”

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:For those that missed this...

Blame Norm. My guess: we'll be back in black come 2017.

http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/warrior-b ... -captains/
Q: Any chance of bringing back the all-black home uniforms?

A: Although Rolovich would like to use all-black uniforms, they are not available for this season. “This jersey combination was in the works — same with the white helmets — before I got the job (in November 2015),” Rolovich said. “I’d like to see the dark helmets come back, too. I’d love to see an all-black uniform. I think it would be really good. I think people kind of identify with us when we come out with the (all-black uniforms).”
Rolo has been saying this for a while. Unless people willing to come up with the cash enough about the unis and helmets.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Yeah, i like those dark green helmets too. I wouldn't be surprised to see the all black with dark green helmets in the future.

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

I still have mine!

touch the helmet before each game for good luck.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

The white helmets are ok, but i prefer the green ones. it doesn't matter though, I think the uniform as a whole stinks. lol

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I'm curious to see what Rolo comes up for next year's uniform. We are still stuck with Chow time with this year' s uniform.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.