Your thought on our DC

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Your thought on our DC

Post by RedZone »

Lempa was on the side lines coaching all game long. At the very end of the game when it seemed our offense was going to punt the ball I saw Lempa on the sidelines with his defense around him. It looked like he was already getting them ready if they had to go back on the field. I had a feeling then that they would be ready. And they were.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

same ol', same ol'

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Yep. The Warrior D sure looked slow again.Took a step backwards they did.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

I mean, you guys realize that we basically have a huge lack D1 talent on the roster right? there's guys here and there, but you cant expect miracles when we just clearly dont have the physical talent to match up. They'll never look great consistently.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Optimus
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Optimus »

Still don't think he is the best candidate for DC

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Regardless of results, a change in DC is not what we need. Five different defensive coordinators in five years is just as detrimental as not having enough playmakers on that side of the ball

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

New Mexico head coach thinks we did the best job against his offense so far. He mentioned something about the multiple schemes we ran.

I've also changed my mind about coach Mayur. I think he is doing a really good job. A huge improvement over last year. He also helped come up with the defensive schemes to stop New Mexico's offense.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

I think I'm more worried about our OC then our DC, at least our DC know how to stay aggressive, he gives different looks and makes the proper adjustments, can't say much about our OC, he only knows how to run read option up the gut LOL

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Our first mistake was going for it on 4th and 2 at midfield to start the game. This gave New Mexico an easy opportunity to score first. The game was won on a 46 yard fumble return. Otherwise we both scored a few good drives but more often than not traded 3 and outs all day long.

Optimus

Post by Optimus »

SundayJam wrote:Our first mistake was going for it on 4th and 2 at midfield to start the game. This gave New Mexico an easy opportunity to score first. The game was won on a 46 yard fumble return. Otherwise we both scored a few good drives but more often than not traded 3 and outs all day long.
Similar to onside kick to start the CAL game. Rolo has to know that this team isn't there yet, thus cannot afford to put his defense in a bind so early in the game. Dating back to past years, this guys need to start stopping opponents on their opening drive. We seem to always play catch up from early in the game

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Optimus wrote:
SundayJam wrote:Our first mistake was going for it on 4th and 2 at midfield to start the game. This gave New Mexico an easy opportunity to score first. The game was won on a 46 yard fumble return. Otherwise we both scored a few good drives but more often than not traded 3 and outs all day long.
Similar to onside kick to start the CAL game. Rolo has to know that this team isn't there yet, thus cannot afford to put his defense in a bind so early in the game. Dating back to past years, this guys need to start stopping opponents on their opening drive. We seem to always play catch up from early in the game
Converting a 4th down is not easy. In the Sugar Bowl match-up between Hawaii and Georgia, neither team could convert a 4th down. Each tried twice. In Georgia's case, it was out of desperation to solidify their contention for a National Championship. They failed. In Hawaii's case...well...it was just plain desperation. We failed. Funny you should mention Cal. Ironically, our next opponent, San Diego, beat Cal 45-40.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Compare Hawaii's defense to the offense. Granted, this was the death knell for Ikaika Woolsey, but one can see that the problem was not with the defense...much like the Sugar Bowl. In fact, I'd say Hawaii did well against the soon-to-be National Champions.

Link

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

BSU, 14-0 1st quarter. Lempa asks defense what's wrong. Players confused who covering who...not good. I've heard this before. That is on the DC.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Any chance Kennedy Tulimasealii can come back? Not saying he would make a difference in the end result. But it would be nice to have a Beast on the line so we don't see 50+ loss games.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote:Any chance Kennedy Tulimasealii can come back? Not saying he would make a difference in the end result. But it would be nice to have a Beast on the line so we don't see 50+ loss games.
UH Manoa's Interim Chancellor already said no. I forget her name, she took over after Bley-Vroman stepped down as the interim.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.