2002 Hawaii Bowl ticket?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
tulaneoutlaw
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

2002 Hawaii Bowl ticket?

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Hi - I'm a new board member and as the handle probably reveals I'm a Tulane alum/fan. Right now I'm working on a collecting project, specifically collecting all the ticket stubs from Tulane Bowl games. One that I still need is the 2002 Hawaii Bowl in which the Green Wave beating Hawaii. That season was probably the second best moment in modern Tulane football history (behind the 1998 undefeated season). If any of you have a ticket stub from that game that you would sell please pm me!

Also, if any of you went to the game and have stories about it, feel free to share them here. I was 12 and not a Tulane fan at that time. I know it's probably not the best game to bring up since it was a Hawaii loss, but maybe you'll humor a generally downtrodden Green Wave fan :). Thanks!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: 2002 Hawaii Bowl ticket?

Post by wyokie »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:Hi - I'm a new board member and as the handle probably reveals I'm a Tulane alum/fan. Right now I'm working on a collecting project, specifically collecting all the ticket stubs from Tulane Bowl games. One that I still need is the 2002 Hawaii Bowl in which the Green Wave beating Hawaii. That season was probably the second best moment in modern Tulane football history (behind the 1998 undefeated season). If any of you have a ticket stub from that game that you would sell please pm me!

Also, if any of you went to the game and have stories about it, feel free to share them here. I was 12 and not a Tulane fan at that time. I know it's probably not the best game to bring up since it was a Hawaii loss, but maybe you'll humor a generally downtrodden Green Wave fan :). Thanks!
Try being a Wyoming fan. I dare ya. Gawd, we stink!!!!! :roll: Aloha and Howdy to the Sports Hawaii Ohana. I'm the board's historian and living legend since I'm from WYOMING!!!!

For those who don't remember the game he's talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Hawaii_Bowl

BigWave96744

Re: 2002 Hawaii Bowl ticket?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Some things I remember of that game
1) First time ever that the whole team did the Haka together.
2) Timmy Chang got hurt, Shawn Withy-Allen finished
3) RT Wayne Hunter didn't play
4) We still had chance to up to our final drive
5) Tulane QB JP Losman