ANZ Stadium

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: ANZ Stadium

Post by uhwarriors »

dopaco24 wrote:According to this article, around 70,000 tickets have already been sold. This game could have close to 80k in attendance. Depending on Australian walk up habits, the game could even sell out.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/artic ... down-under
Wow! Good find dopaco24. With a little more than a month to go, there's a good chance it's going to be a sell out.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o Close to a sell out? Holy mackerel....these are the new days of Warrior football....not like Chow TIME, Auwe..... :wink:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Jubilee_Dragon
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Jubilee_Dragon »

Hi guys, I have just registered here as an Australian who will be attending the game. I am a fairly neutral supporter but like others here will probably support UH. Some overseas sports have done well here including US baseball teams and European soccer teams touring. Australians generally love sport and there is a massive NBA basketball following here (bars/betting venues) completely packed out during the finals. College football has been shown now and then on our free to air to and the Super Bowl gets attention as well - also one of rugby league's best players here got a lot of publicity last year trying to play for the 49ers.

I often go to sports events at ANZ stadium so happy to answer questions on the venue and Sydney/Australia generally if you are looking to visit.

As a relative newbie - happy to hear thoughts on how you think you guys may go, which players to look out for etc. I wouldn't be surprised if more Aussies come onto this forum (they flooded the 49ers forum and many are on the Spurs and Cavs NBA forums where Australian players play/were playing).

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

rolo needs to eat a vegemite sandwich.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

I see the goal posts are on the goal line, will they be moved to the back for this game?

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

Look for a heavy dose of RB Paul Harris and St Juste on offense. cal will score a lot of points on us passing, but I think our run defense with be solid. Hawaii has some surpirises I bet.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

oi oi oi.hawaii is coming into australia being a 20+point underdog.please aussie fans,take care of your family.