JC QB Cole Brownholtz Commits to UH

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

JC QB Cole Brownholtz Commits to UH

Post by J-Rod »

6'4" 210 lbs QB from Sierra JC. Has legitimate 4.57 speed. 1385 passing yards 12 TDs and 7 INTs last season at Sierra.
https://twitter.com/ColeBrownholtz/status/747601100887334913

uhwarriors

Re: JC QB Cole Brownholtz Commits to UH

Post by uhwarriors »

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I was tracking the progress of former Washington St QB, Peyton Bender who was academically ineligible so went to a JC this season and was a free agent for 2017.

Today Peyton committed to Kansas.
When following Peyton, I ran across this about current Rainbow Warrior QB Cole BrownHoltz. Will Cole be in the mix next spring??? :-
Early Monday evening, a source told CougCenter that Mike Leach and staff were aggressively looking for a junior college quarterback to arrive at school this week after losing a scholarship quarterback recently, which is clearly now Bender.

In addition to Gordon, Washington State was looking at Sierra (Calif.) College quarterback Cole Brownholtz, per a source, though they eventually settled on Gordon. Brownholtz, also a full-qualifier, has also been receiving interest from Boise State.
http://www.cougcenter.com/2016/6/6/1187 ... ay-in-2016

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Free Cole.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Sounds exciting, like Max Wittek. As much as I want to see competition, I like to see Rolo make a decision and stick with it. Woolsey never was really the starter. Ok, he was named, year after year. And IMO, never was cemented to be the starter. Maybe he is/was just not good enough. Or maybe he never got the time and the faith from the coaching staff. Can IK step in today? No. He hasn't played in X games.

My point is, if D. Brown looks like the QB of the future, invest in him. Let he grow. Let him develop. Give him the commitment. Have faith in Brown. UH is on the path to recovery. Next year, we would expect maybe 7-8 wins. There is no patience in sports today.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I want to see the best players on the field. If Dru beats out everyone then he should start in 2017. Nothing should be handed to any player. That was Norm's downfall.

Cole is not another D1 transfer like Sean, Taylor or Max, he was brought in as a JC transfer with 3 to play 2.

Competition is always good, especially for a team that hasnt been winning recently

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

If he only played one season at Sierra JC, shouldn't he be a 4 to play 3 guy? Can't coach height and he's got it.

On the 4.57 40, was that hand timed? At the Oakland Nike Football SPARQ Combine held Saturday, May 17, 2014 at Laney College, he clocked a 4.82. Maybe the conditions were not ideal since Dylan Kane ran a 4.71 and he was the State 100m champion in 2014. Or Cole just plain got faster.

His uncles is former NFL and Fresno State QB Billy Volek. Pedigree is there.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I would love to see a couple of QBs that don't have a chance, try switching to WR. One person that comes to mind is Riley at 6'6 could provide a big target at wide receiver. Even Zwalen could be a great WR if he's an athlete.