Kennedy Tulimaseali'i will not play football for UH this season

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Kennedy Tulimaseali'i will not play football for UH this season

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote:
You can bad mouth following rules as being politically correct.

But our team plays NCAA football. Finding some unaffiliated football clubs to play against is not an option these days.

On the plus side, we get huge games like Cal in Australia. To have these opportunities, we need to behave accordingly.
There's the letter of the rule and then there's the spirit of the rule. Of all that I have ever read about UH athletes or NCAA athletes, Kennedy's felony seems to be the least egregious reason to follow the rule. I guess I can understand it as most Americans have already convicted Hillary Clinton of crimes she never committed nor was convicted of. Let's all just accuse everyone else and feel smug in the fact that we could have never broken the rules so, therefore, we would never be accused of breaking them.

Perhaps your right. If we reinstated the dashboard navigator demolisher, we would only play unaffiliated football clubs from here on out.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: ....I guess I can understand it as most Americans have already convicted Hillary Clinton of crimes she never committed nor was convicted of....
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

I concentrate on sports for the simple reason that politics is a never ending battle of deception in dishonesty.

I don't have to filter through good or bad nonsense from the other channels. I tune into sports. I don't have to worry about a political dynasty being propped up or under attack.

I pick sports teams to root for because the game is settled on the field.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

At this point KT really should sit out a year.

If he's let back in, the first personal foul he gets, and he gets quite a few) will have the crowd jeering at him and turning against him big time. Wanting him to prove that he can stay out of trouble for a year, isn't asking for too much and if he train and keep in condition on his own, he'll prove himself even more.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

rolo is about trust, and i believe if it becomes rolos call,kt will play this year.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

kalua pig wrote:rolo is about trust, and i believe if it becomes rolos call,kt will play this year.
"Domestic violence has no part of our football team and will not be condoned," said Rolovich. "Our team understands this and we hope it sticks with them for the rest of their lives. Our responsibility as representatives of this university and the state in which we live is to be good citizens, and we, as coaches, preach to them the importance of living aloha each and every day."

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

madeinhawaii wrote:
kalua pig wrote:rolo is about trust, and i believe if it becomes rolos call,kt will play this year.
"Domestic violence has no part of our football team and will not be condoned," said Rolovich. "Our team understands this and we hope it sticks with them for the rest of their lives. Our responsibility as representatives of this university and the state in which we live is to be good citizens, and we, as coaches, preach to them the importance of living aloha each and every day."
Yeah, I think this is where the "Rolo is an extension of JJ" sentiment from some fans comes into play. Rolo does things differently, folks.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

second chance is your last chance.if kt is taking care of business outside of football.he get chance.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

madeinhawaii wrote:
Please cite your quotes. [-X This is lame. There has been no charge of domestic violence. The charge is damaging a dashboard navigator. This is a home-grown, blue chip who stayed home. The court has seen fit to give the benefit of the doubt to KT by deferring a plea. Why can't Rolovich? It's a shame for the kid and a shame for the team. KT could've played for any team in the country, but he chose to stay home. Given the nature of this relatively victimless crime, I think coach would be an idiot not to give him a second chance. In no way would it be condoning domestic violence.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

According to Ferd, it's up to the upper campus
It should be noted, UH officials said, the decision on Tulimasealii’s appeal “is out of athletics’ (hands)” and left to higher powers on campus. And overseen by a restructured Office of General Counsel.

History tells us it would not, of course, be the first time UH has seemingly put its foot down on something and then proceeded to do a quick pirouette in an opposite direction.
Premium content
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/uh ... -violence/
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

SundayJam wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:
Please cite your quotes. [-X This is lame. There has been no charge of domestic violence. The charge is damaging a dashboard navigator. This is a home-grown, blue chip who stayed home. The court has seen fit to give the benefit of the doubt to KT by deferring a plea. Why can't Rolovich? It's a shame for the kid and a shame for the team. KT could've played for any team in the country, but he chose to stay home. Given the nature of this relatively victimless crime, I think coach would be an idiot not to give him a second chance. In no way would it be condoning domestic violence.
UH website.. Star-Advertiser.. it's part of th PSA campaign.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/uh ... -violence/

If you're referring to the "domestice violence" comment. Here: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3172 ... nce-before

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

TRO's were filed by the girl's roommates in the past, but no TRO was ever granted. There is no evidence of any domestic violence--they just argued all the time from what I could gather from your sources. The whole thing blew up because police suspected there was domestic violence. No domestic violence charge has ever been substantiated. It isn't that hard to prove considering the number of witnesses in close proximity all the time. By allowing a deferred plea, the court clearly does not see KT as a menace.

I'm sick of everyone passing judgement based on accusations.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

After watching the Hawaii News Now clip, I didn't realize that KT had a history of domestic violence. Too bad he couldn't get counseling before things got out of hand. At this point, its too late. For anyone who has grown up in Hawaii, they know that there is more of this tough guy type attitude, bullying that kids grow up with. He should have known to walk away from the first personal foul but maybe he'll pick up some of that in his Anger Management classes if he actively participates. If he doesn't get it, heaven help him. Kids can grow up tough in Hawaii but they have to remember that you don't pick on someone smaller than you especially females. Maybe it needs to be part of the cirriculum in high school that they have to pass. Good idea for Norm Chow to participate in the march against violence but it was symbolic and not meaningful as he should have gotten a speaker to talk with the kids.

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

SundayJam wrote:TRO's were filed by the girl's roommates in the past, but no TRO was ever granted. There is no evidence of any domestic violence--they just argued all the time from what I could gather from your sources. The whole thing blew up because police suspected there was domestic violence. No domestic violence charge has ever been substantiated. It isn't that hard to prove considering the number of witnesses in close proximity all the time. By allowing a deferred plea, the court clearly does not see KT as a menace.

I'm sick of everyone passing judgement based on accusations.
KT was initially arrested for Abuse of a Household/Family Member. The Prosecutors officer later amended the case to an Assault in the Third Degree case. The Hawaii Revised Statutes is pretty black and white that the case met the criteria for an Abuse case. Why the Prosecutors office amended the case only they know as I don't recall any public statement why they amended the abuse case to assault.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Code: Select all

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/misdemeanor-assault-hawaii.htm
Assault in the third degree is a misdemeanor. The different degrees or levels of assault depend upon several factors, including the seriousness of the victim’s injury, whether the defendant actually wanted to cause the injury, and (in some cases) whether Hawaii law gives the victim special protection.

It’s charged as a petty misdemeanor only when the assault occurred during a fight or scuffle with a victim who engaged willingly in the altercation.

(Haw. Rev. Stat. § 707-712.)
A couple of observations I gleaned from prior articles: The initial arrest was blown out of proportion as reported by an eyewitness. The girlfriend had some scratches on her so the police suspected abuse. The so-called history of domestic violence as reported by Hawaii News Now clip amounted to roommates filing TRO's against Kennedy, but the court denied them which meant the accusations were bunk.

People need to read beyond the hype and look at the facts. I'm sorry, this case is unseemly but hardly scandalous. The fans and the coaches should give Kennedy a second chance.

akuhead2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by akuhead2 »

Nice posts SundayJam.