Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Re: Kennedy Tulimaseali'i will not play football for UH this season

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

shrek2 wrote:You can't compare Baylor with UH or the SEC because gun controls and violence are a part of life down there. Hawaii is a very crowded place with a different culture and it requires that people behave themselves just as in big cities and in the state of California. On the other hand, smashing of navagation system should not result in ruining a potential NFL or semi-PRO football player. There should have been some plea bargaining to drop the felony to a misdemeanor and have Kennedy pay for the repair. Sometimes the legal system just does not apply common sense. Serving time in community service should have sufficed for the misdemeanor.
I wish this was the case.

shokee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by shokee »

shrek2 wrote:You can't compare Baylor with UH or the SEC because gun controls and violence are a part of life down there. Hawaii is a very crowded place with a different culture and it requires that people behave themselves just as in big cities and in the state of California. On the other hand, smashing of navagation system should not result in ruining a potential NFL or semi-PRO football player. There should have been some plea bargaining to drop the felony to a misdemeanor and have Kennedy pay for the repair. Sometimes the legal system just does not apply common sense. Serving time in community service should have sufficed for the misdemeanor.
Too bad he wasn't playing for let's say... Alabama.

The prosecutor would have had to apologize to Kennedy for actually bringing charges against him. Just like the Louisiana prosecutor did when it was revealed that the individuals that he charged for drug and firearms violations turned out to play for Alabama (one was the starting guard or tackle, other was a reserve DB).

I guess that's just how they do it over there.. LOL!! :o

GO WARRIORS!! :evil:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shokee wrote:
Too bad he wasn't playing for let's say... Alabama.

The prosecutor would have had to apologize to Kennedy for actually bringing charges against him. Just like the Louisiana prosecutor did when it was revealed that the individuals that he charged for drug and firearms violations turned out to play for Alabama (one was the starting guard or tackle, other was a reserve DB).

I guess that's just how they do it over there.. LOL!! :o

GO WARRIORS!! :evil:
Oklahoma does the same thing IF and only IF the kid plays for OU. Otherwise the kid goes to jail. DO NOT PASS GO! DO NOT COLLECT $200!!!1 :roll:

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

has uh officially announced kennedy's dismissal?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

kalua pig wrote:has uh officially announced kennedy's dismissal?
Yes.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

J-Rod wrote:
kalua pig wrote:has uh officially announced kennedy's dismissal?
Yes.
no chance.too bad.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

One of life's many lessons. Have to be held responsible for one's own actions.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote:One of life's many lessons. Have to be held responsible for one's own actions.
Actually this is kind of trite considering the system "may" have ruined a man's future. I hope for Kennedy does look at his options in working hard and potentially get opportunities in a game that I assume he likes to play. He may have lost his chances at UH but I hope he perserveres and succeeds in football or whatever he chooses in life. I believe in live and let live and you can only hope the best for the young man.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote:One of life's many lessons. Have to be held responsible for one's own actions.
Perhaps Manoa should have learned this lesson when they dismissed McMackin.
I guess we'll be held accountable for many years to come, yet again. Well put, My3Cats.

415hawaiiboy
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

I have a feeling KT will be playing somewhere in 2017. Hopefully for us I hope. He played as a true freshman in 2013. 2014 Soph. 2015 Jr. 2016 would have been Sr. Doesn't he have a redshirt year left? I hope KT uses this experience to stay out of trouble and then the legal stuff gets resolved and he can play football again.

In 2017, on the OL we will have Fred Ulu Perry and on the DL we will have KT. That would be two solid linemen. Maybe we can make some noise in 2017 (@UCLA, BYU, maybe another Hawaii exemption team at home).

I guess he could maybe play this year as a non scholarship player. Or declare for the NFL draft while not playing in 2016. I'm just being optimistic

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Did I hear somewhere that KT is appealing his dismissal? Thoughts?
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

bigislandkurt wrote:Did I hear somewhere that KT is appealing his dismissal? Thoughts?
that's why im asking too.i don't think it a done deal.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

He always has the right to appeal. I don't see reinstatement happening though as the case has not yet played out. Maybe setting up for reinstatement for next season since he has a redshirt year available.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

bigislandkurt wrote:Did I hear somewhere that KT is appealing his dismissal? Thoughts?
Again, he can appeal his right to retain a scholarship for school purposes. He cannot appeal his way back onto the football team.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

so now that KT has been granted a deferred plea, he technically did not violate the student conduct code because, technically, he has not been convicted of anything. I'm assuming the appeals process will begin now and he will be reinstated sometime soon.