New QB Dru Brown

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Optimus
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: New QB Dru Brown

Post by Optimus »

Reminds me of David Graves and we all know how Norm took cracks for not utilizing a dual threat QB

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

Optimus wrote:Reminds me of David Graves and we all know how Norm took cracks for not utilizing a dual threat QB
+1.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

They should really start Dru Brown this week...see his potential. We all know what Ikaika can do...he's a good guy and all...but just doesn't have it...
I do question Rolo's decision making when it comes to QB's....especially since he was the one who lured Ikaika into the program...I know a few fans who dont want to cheer for the team until another QB starts...I just hope Rolo fixes Ikaika...or bring in another QB before its too late

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Optimus wrote:Reminds me of David Graves and we all know how Norm took cracks for not utilizing a dual threat QB
Norm took and deserved some cracks because of how quickly he pushed aside David Graves in favor of Schroeder and how Chow pretty much didn't give him or any other QB besides Higgins a chance when it was clear Schroeder and the rest of the offense was struggling. Granted Schroeder was probably a better fit for what Norm wanted to do offensively. But Graves was a very popular person in the locker room and when he was pretty much thrown out to be a WR, I don't think that went well with many on the team and you saw that with how many left the team the following offseason and how the team performed.

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

Egonator wrote:They should really start Dru Brown this week...see his potential. We all know what Ikaika can do...he's a good guy and all...but just doesn't have it...
I do question Rolo's decision making when it comes to QB's....especially since he was the one who lured Ikaika into the program...I know a few fans who dont want to cheer for the team until another QB starts...I just hope Rolo fixes Ikaika...or bring in another QB before its too late
don't sound like fans to me :roll:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Dru didn't do anything to sell me on him, just yet. Sure he can scramble but I wonder if the pocket didn't collapse sooner because he started scramble out of it sooner than Ikaika would. Sort of like how another QB we had back in 2008 did. Woolsey just seems to trust his Oline to do their job more.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ainoa808 »

I'm glad at least we now have another QB who has taken D1 snaps, significant or not. Hopefully, the O can run up the score this week so good week for Ikaika, Dru, and maybe AZ to get reps in... Hopefully!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

If we get out to a solid lead tomorrow, watch Zwahlen go in instead of Dru.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

madeinhawaii wrote:If we get out to a solid lead tomorrow, watch Zwahlen go in instead of Dru.
what if we losing?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

LSU qb struggling. Does it in practice but not doing it in the game. 2 bad series. Will see if Miles makes a change.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

So Les Miles makes the qb change he comes in moves the team into the endzone. It could happen with Brown. Sometimes thats all it takes.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Bkhano
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Dru time

Post by Bkhano »

Sorry with that pick it's time to change it up

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Dru time

Post by madeinhawaii »

Dru went in and went 1 for 2 for -2 yards.
When the problem is systemic, changing the QB doesn't fix things.
If the team doesn't believe it deserves to win or can win, the guy at the helm can only do so much.

Last night, regardless of Woolsey's three interceptions, the offense pulled together in the 2nd half for 27 points. Our defense woke up and started breaking through their line. Defense made two interceptions of our own and recovered two fumbles to give us the turnover advantage of 4 to 3.

Right now, as a whole, the team needs the QB that gives it the best chance of winning, not the one we want to groom down the road. A good quarterback behind a team that doesn't believe it can win will flounder, too. Need to fix a lot more issues than just the QB.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

madeinhawaii wrote:Dru went in and went 1 for 2 for -2 yards.
When the problem is systemic, changing the QB doesn't fix things.
If the team doesn't believe it deserves to win or can win, the guy at the helm can only do so much.

Last night, regardless of Woolsey's three interceptions, the offense pulled together in the 2nd half for 27 points. Our defense woke up and started breaking through their line. Defense made two interceptions of our own and recovered two fumbles to give us the turnover advantage of 4 to 3.

Right now, as a whole, the team needs the QB that gives it the best chance of winning, not the one we want to groom down the road. A good quarterback behind a team that doesn't believe it can win will flounder, too. Need to fix a lot more issues than just the QB.

woolsey gets the reps in practice. every year its the same thing. Bad decisions, high inaccurate passes, holding the ball too long, deciding to run too late etc.... It's time to give Dru the reps in practice and see what he can do.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Woolsey just can't seem to get beyond 50% passing percentage, and he isn't even throwing the ball away on purpose, just throwing interceptions.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.