New QB Dru Brown

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: New QB Dru Brown

Post by kalua pig »

J-Rod wrote:The next guy is always better than the starter. There is a reason they don't attempt to stretch the field with Brown.

Fans need to come to the conclusion that there is no Colt Brennan-in-waiting on this team. Ikaika genuinely might be the best we can do right now. Hopefully in the coming 1-2 years Rolo can find his Fajardo, but that player isn't currently on this team.
if ikaika is the best we can do now,i would prefer to put dru brown in and start preparing for next year.football is a business.

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

We need to put the best players on the field. We need to show success this year.

There will always be "next year". More wins this year translates to more fans and better recruits. The new coach halo effect starts getting stale.

If Ikaika is the best, then he should play the majority of the game reps

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

stutz seems to be making the call for ikaika to start.red flag.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

415hawaiiboy wrote:We need to put the best players on the field. We need to show success this year.

There will always be "next year". More wins this year translates to more fans and better recruits. The new coach halo effect starts getting stale.

If Ikaika is the best, then he should play the majority of the game reps
In news article Woolsey has said that he is trying too much playing outside of his game. When he does that he says he starts turning the ball over. He said that the position he plays you are either the hero or the goat. He can't control peoples opinions. It is what it is. It is nice to know that he understands that he has a problem. But it is sad that a quarterback with so much experience has't fixed them by now. So for now he is the goat. Would like to see him become the hero but after all this time can he? Or do we already have a hero just waiting for an opportunity.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I think anyone who thought they were gonna change starters before the bye week was bound to be disappointed. If DB was here for spring camp, it would be a different story, perhaps.

The real season starts now.

Optimus

Post by Optimus »

If Dru is not the starting QB against Nevada, Rolo is just as bad as Chow

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:Rolo had one of the worst first seasons as a starter under JJ. I'll never forget that Portland State beat down. Was quite the unexpected let down after 1999.

Brown could be a good player, but it will take a very good camp to beat out Ikaika.
When JJ was here he said that it would take one season for a quarterback in his system before the light would go off in his head. I did not like that because as the quarterback had to get up to speed the team would suffer. And if your starter goes down you are back to square one.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Hope he gets 1st team reps these next two weeks and I hope he spends extra time studying the playbook and watching film.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

It is clear to me that Brown is a gamer, which is a stark contrast to Ikaika "Making me" Woolsey. IW has had ample opportunities to improve and he has failed. Time to move on to the next QB.

Plus, we need more 4 and 5 wide plays ran as it seems UH was successfully with those formations. Why not add more, Coach?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Dru Brown should have earned the chance to start against Nevada and get first team reps in practice.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:The next guy is always better than the starter. There is a reason they don't attempt to stretch the field with Brown.

Fans need to come to the conclusion that there is no Colt Brennan-in-waiting on this team. Ikaika genuinely might be the best we can do right now. Hopefully in the coming 1-2 years Rolo can find his Fajardo, but that player isn't currently on this team.
Rolo has put a hold on recruiting quarterbacks so it may take longer. But then he already might have someone in mind that he knows he can get.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

aeloa wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:44 am Also we need Kennedy back on a "last chance" agreement.
hehehe.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:read: After reading some of the older post on this subject, and seeing Dru Brown's performance in the BOWL game.....I find it funny how Brown is set in STONE for being the starter.... 8)
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

kennedy get back.you already know cuz.