Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Re: Tulimasealii and Gifford Arrested

Post by Haynr8dr »

PrideRockFB wrote:Very very sad news. Kennedy Tulimasealii was set for a big year.
Not mention an opportunity at the next level.

At the very least a UDFA.

I believe the minimum is $275K for a UDFA.

I hope he's bummed out, because I am for him.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

bigislandkurt wrote:Amazing how some folks....mostly younger...have normalized "scrapping" in relationships. Kennedy f'd up. No mistake about it, this one stings. Sometimes, it is in the limelight, when things get exposed. I sure hope Kennedy is not kicked off of the team. Hearing that he was still in jail broke my damn heart. This brother needs to be supported right now. He will atone and become better....if provided with the right guidance. Your move Rolo.

I also give equal thoughts of support to his girlfriend. May she too get the support she needs at this time.

Domestic violence is not cool. No matter which way you slice it. In this age of Title IX and VAWA, this is the last kind of story you want coming out of your college football team. Kennedy exercised no discretion, nor was he respectful of the folks having to endure these arguments and fights playing out in the apartment. Whether the police was right or wrong in what they did is a separate issue. One thing is for sure, Kennedy needs some help understanding some of these grown man things. If not, painful lessons lie ahead. Another greatest that never was story could absolutely play out. Let's all hope this does not happen. So much greater things await for Kennedy. I trust him to right this ship.

There are some key lessons to be learned. or not. C'mon Kennedy. We pulling for you.
absolutely agree.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Irse wrote:
My3Cats wrote:That sounds like a toxic relationship between Kennedy and his girlfriend. Time for Kennedy to get some help, and the girlfriend too. And time to break off the relationship and move forward.
+1
+2.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote:Little more info
Tulimasealii, 21, was arrested on misdemeanor accusations of two counts of domestic abuse, one count each of harassment and resisting arrest, and two outstanding warrants.
On Tuesday morning, police were summoned to a disturbance in an apartment on McCully Street. A 20-year-old woman claimed she suffered scratches from an altercation with Tulimasealii. She was treated for the scratches at the scene.

According to a source, Tulimasealii, who was in a bedroom, bolted past police officers and ran from the apartment. With the aid of pepper spray, Tulimasealii was apprehended at a ground-floor entry.
Don't know what is the difference between a felony and misdemeanor domestic abuse but should not have tried to run from the cops. Made it worse than it could have been. They would have eventually caught him anyways. Hope both KT and his gf both get some much needed help. I don't really know what happened and not for me to judge but I hope they can get help and learn from this.
I don't know. It sounds as if the minor altercation was over by the time police got there. I don't know about you, but scratches do not sound so serious to me. Maybe Kennedy ran because a bunch of men in black just broke down his door early in the morning? This is some serious overreaction by the police in my opinion. I've seen cops handle domestic disputes before and it was never anything like this. Just sayin...

KanakaMaoli96792
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KanakaMaoli96792 »

SundayJam wrote:
Tulimasealii, 21, was arrested on misdemeanor accusations of two counts of domestic abuse, one count each of harassment and resisting arrest, and two outstanding warrants.
On Tuesday morning, police were summoned to a disturbance in an apartment on McCully Street. A 20-year-old woman claimed she suffered scratches from an altercation with Tulimasealii. She was treated for the scratches at the scene.

According to a source, Tulimasealii, who was in a bedroom, bolted past police officers and ran from the apartment. With the aid of pepper spray, Tulimasealii was apprehended at a ground-floor entry.
Don't know what is the difference between a felony and misdemeanor domestic abuse but should not have tried to run from the cops. Made it worse than it could have been. They would have eventually caught him anyways. Hope both KT and his gf both get some much needed help. I don't really know what happened and not for me to judge but I hope they can get help and learn from this.
I don't know. It sounds as if the minor altercation was over by the time police got there. I don't know about you, but scratches do not sound so serious to me. Maybe Kennedy ran because a bunch of men in black just broke down his door early in the morning? This is some serious overreaction by the police in my opinion. I've seen cops handle domestic disputes before and it was never anything like this. Just sayin...

I concur!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote:

So he's going to run and leave his gf there with the guys that broke down his door and not fight to protect her?
ImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Sorry for those that feel entitled to be handled like a prince.

It is a crazy viral world out there and you WILL have your career ruined if the internet driven media world wants to ruin it.

So, if you have any hope of an NFL career. Follow all orders and instructions of police officers. Got it? Good!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Michael Green is Kennedy's attorney and he is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the State. He called into Gary Dickman's show tonight and said only one version has been told and there's another side to it. He said there are witnesses that contradict what is being reported and when the prosecutor's office reviews the facts, he thinks there's a chance they won't pursue the case. He said he has represented police officers through SHOPO and there are good ones and bad ones. On the charge of resisting arrest and the use of pepper spray, he insinuated that sometimes police use "creative writing" when they do their reports to justify their actions. Interestingly he said that the responding officers might wish they weren't the ones that responded to the situation.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

uhwarriors wrote:Michael Green is Kennedy's attorney and he is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the State. He called into Gary Dickman's show tonight and said only one version has been told and there's another side to it. He said there are witnesses that contradict what is being reported and when the prosecutor's office reviews the facts, he thinks there's a chance they won't pursue the case. He said he has represented police officers through SHOPO and there are good ones and bad ones. On the charge of resisting arrest and the use of pepper spray, he insinuated that sometimes police use "creative writing" when they do their reports to justify their actions. Interestingly he said that the responding officers might wish they weren't the ones that responded to the situation.
I hope UH did this right, Florida State got in big trouble for using a high profile lawyer to defend athletes in court. Could lead to another NCAA violation for the department.

It will be interesting to see how Rolo handles this. I'd be shocked if Gifford sat out at all, Kennedy seems like he's facing a 1-2 game suspension in the best case scenario. Whatever the facts may be, to this point it's enough for Rolo to bar both of them from the rest of spring practice. It's a waiting game now.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

J-Rod wrote:
uhwarriors wrote:Michael Green is Kennedy's attorney and he is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the State. He called into Gary Dickman's show tonight and said only one version has been told and there's another side to it. He said there are witnesses that contradict what is being reported and when the prosecutor's office reviews the facts, he thinks there's a chance they won't pursue the case. He said he has represented police officers through SHOPO and there are good ones and bad ones. On the charge of resisting arrest and the use of pepper spray, he insinuated that sometimes police use "creative writing" when they do their reports to justify their actions. Interestingly he said that the responding officers might wish they weren't the ones that responded to the situation.
I hope UH did this right, Florida State got in big trouble for using a high profile lawyer to defend athletes in court. Could lead to another NCAA violation for the department.

It will be interesting to see how Rolo handles this. I'd be shocked if Gifford sat out at all, Kennedy seems like he's facing a 1-2 game suspension in the best case scenario. Whatever the facts may be, to this point it's enough for Rolo to bar both of them from the rest of spring practice. It's a waiting game now.
I think Kennedy and Ka`au retained Michael Green. I don't think UH did. It's good that they got legal counsel early instead of waiting to see how things shake out because there seems to be another side of the story to be told.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

honestly, I don't care what Michael Green says about what happened .... this situation is screwed up no matter what the lawyer say

Michael Green not going to fix this....these guys are going to have to fix this ... and the sooner it is fixed ... the sooner they can get back to pursuing their dreams

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

So Rolo saved a scholie. I am guessing he will be using it to get another DT. Any ideas who it may be?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

RedZone wrote:So Rolo saved a scholie. I am guessing he will be using it to get another DT. Any ideas who it may be?
As an XBOX pro .... I can say we just lost our 81 to be replaced by a 73?

CAL and Michigan .... lol ... we need to put some weight in there

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Kennedy arrested again.
https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/725332348376473602