Larry Tuileta transferring from USC to UH

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Re: Larry Tuileta transferring from USC to UH

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

poidog wrote: However, all of this is moot if he doesn't get accepted into UHM.
Am I missing something? How can Tuileta, from Punahou, who enrolled as a qualifier at USC not be able to get accepted into UH Manoa?

ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ainoa808 »

Was wondering the same thing but supposedly he's at CC getting credits, so it happens...
wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
Am I missing something? How can Tuileta, from Punahou, who enrolled as a qualifier at USC not be able to get accepted into UH Manoa?

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

At Call the Coach with Charlie Wade a last week (?), Charlie said he was a Kapiolani CC taking classes, and he couldn't really comment. What people don't realize is that sometimes its harder to transfer into a university, than to get initially accepted as a high school senior. When you transfer they look at your academic standing at the university your coming from and also compare your credits/coursework against UH's curriculmn. It might be that he doesn't have enough transferrable credits, and he would be behind....

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
I'm just guessing, but if you attend a university for a couple of semesters and don't keep your grades up you will have trouble transferring to another university. I don't know if that's the case here, but that's my hunch.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

24 transferable credits above 100-level needed for transfer admission. It appears to be as simple as taking 12 credits per semester. Freshmen athletes sometime underestimate the time commitment needed both in the classroom and on the field/court. He probably took `12 credits and ended up dropping a class. In the end, after year one, he did not have enough transferable credits to be admitted.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

It doesn't matter what happened in the past with Tui deselecting UH to walk on at USC. Sometimes things don't work out and you can't blame the young man for trying to do what he thought was best for him at the time. We are all supposed to learn from lessons in life, and I hope that this will be beneficial for him.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

amela
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:At Call the Coach with Charlie Wade a last week (?), Charlie said he was a Kapiolani CC taking classes, and he couldn't really comment. What people don't realize is that sometimes its harder to transfer into a university, than to get initially accepted as a high school senior. When you transfer they look at your academic standing at the university your coming from and also compare your credits/coursework against UH's curriculmn. It might be that he doesn't have enough transferrable credits, and he would be behind....
My kids had the same problems when they came back from the mainland. Not all of their credits were transferable so they both lost half a year each.

PrideRockFB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by PrideRockFB »

Larry Tuileta is attending a community college in pursuit of an associate degree, a requirement for transferring to UH. per STEPHEN TSAI

amela

Post by amela »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
It's easier to get into USC than UH especially if you're an athlete. If not about a fourth of their recruits wouldn't make it.