UNOFFICIAL game thread UH vs San Jose state

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: UNOFFICIAL game thread UH vs San Jose state

Post by UnBiasFan »

I heard this didn't go well. I'll check back around this time next week.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

kalua pig wrote:i wonder if norm chow was in the stands supporting his boys?
Norm probably went back to his real home, Los Angeles, the Monday after he got fired. First class, too, I bet...

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I'm here at the stadium. I think there were the same amount of people as last game.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

they said roughly 10k tonight, 19k showed up yesterday.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

poidog wrote:I'm here at the stadium. I think there were the same amount of people as last game.
they are saying worst ever in the history of the stadium --- around 11k

thanks for attending ....

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

with attendance this low --- thousands of tickets were sitting in people's pockets without takers

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

poidog wrote: Norm probably went back to his real home, Los Angeles, the Monday after he got fired. First class, too, I bet...
Of course he did. I'm not going to look it up, but next years pay + rest of this year. So that's like $800,000?

Can't hate him for that if UH is willing to make such a foolish decision. And by that I mean a mid-season firing.

I don't blame Chow all that much for the Chow era. The UH admin, AD, and decision makers need to be held accountable. It's their "fault" for this mess. And that includes hiring Chow.

I actually think UH could have won 1-2 more games after the AF loss.

Why? If Chow was the coach, they would still try "hard" to win. Chow would still get on them. Players would still get on each other.

With Naoele, everyone know they are not going to be there. So why try? Why yell? Why plan? Why get on the players? Why get on your teammates?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane wrote:
poidog wrote: Norm probably went back to his real home, Los Angeles, the Monday after he got fired. First class, too, I bet...
Of course he did. I'm not going to look it up, but next years pay + rest of this year. So that's like $800,000?

Can't hate him for that if UH is willing to make such a foolish decision. And by that I mean a mid-season firing.

I don't blame Chow all that much for the Chow era. The UH admin, AD, and decision makers need to be held accountable. It's their "fault" for this mess. And that includes hiring Chow.

I actually think UH could have won 1-2 more games after the AF loss.

Why? If Chow was the coach, they would still try "hard" to win. Chow would still get on them. Players would still get on each other.

With Naoele, everyone know they are not going to be there. So why try? Why yell? Why plan? Why get on the players? Why get on your teammates?
You are hilarious. "Foolish decision"? When you are deciding whether or not to fire a guy who is 10-36 in four and a half seasons and just came off a 58-7 loss, the only foolish decision is not firing him sooner. The season is not over and we already have some interesting applicants (that we know of). Being able to post the job over a month before the end of the season was the best thing that could be done.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Sen. Sam Sloan already said, they are not going to show UH the money. And UH seem to be wasting a lot of money with these buyouts. My reply was not a football decision. Forget Mac's $1.1Million. Government leaders already said the football coach (Chow) is overpaid, and too high. The football coach's salary is too high.

Chow was the 3rd lowest in MWC. The leaders and decision makers don't see football the same way fans do.

With all these payouts, is UH going to ask for more $$$ for a new "top caliber" football coach?

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Just tell the government leaders that wihout a significant increase, football will cease to exist and you can kiss 12- 18 hours of prime time national tv advertising for the islands each year goodbye. AND that they will be credited for this decision.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I hear Tom Mason and his GA got canned. Apparently they thew in the two in the SJSU game and were let go by Naeole.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote:Sen. Sam Sloan already said, they are not going to show UH the money. And UH seem to be wasting a lot of money with these buyouts. My reply was not a football decision. Forget Mac's $1.1Million. Government leaders already said the football coach (Chow) is overpaid, and too high. The football coach's salary is too high.

Chow was the 3rd lowest in MWC. The leaders and decision makers don't see football the same way fans do.

With all these payouts, is UH going to ask for more $$$ for a new "top caliber" football coach?
That's what Sam Sloan said. He's the only republican there and is widely known to be frugal with regards to how the state spends money, as he should. I don't think he understands the college football landscape though when he says the football coach is overpaid, when in the instance of Chow and when JJ was at Hawaii, in respect to other coaches even in the MWC, they are underpaid. If they wanna spend little on the head coach salary, fine. But know this, unless you get a quality coach willing to come for pennies and fries, you are targeting a very small and probably not very good coaching pool. And thus the program and the athletic department itself will suffer the consequences of there frugality.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Sam Slom is supposed to be a business man, but he doesn't seem to understand that it sometimes takes money to make money.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

oops wrong tread