REILLY
50%

Total votes: 8

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

CHANGE THE QB

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

CHANGE THE QB--Start Zwaheln (it's ok to give up his redshirt year) or Reilly.

WE NEED SOMEONE TO FIRE THIS TEAM UP! LOOK WHAT THAT AVERAGE FRESNO ST QB DID--he throw 7 TD's this whole season; and throw 6 last night!

This team IS LIKE A DEAD MAN WALKING; HAS NO FIRE, NO EMOTION, NO PULSE. I saw this live, sitting 9 rows behind the team at UNLV; and even more so last night.
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: CHANGE THE QB

Post by RedZone »

That is why not a good idea to try new quarterback. He will get killed back there. Our best olineman was injured in this game.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

There were unsubstantiated reports from people at the game that Zwahlen wasn't even on the field last night.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Since the season is already totally shot, Reilly should have a chance to play at least a few series as a sub. He's sat out long enough.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Playing Aaron or any other potential redshirt at this point would be ridiculous

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Let Matt throw. That's why he sign with Hawaii. There is not enough highlight video of him for the Pros to review.

The USC video is old.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:CHANGE THE QB--Start Zwaheln (it's ok to give up his redshirt year) or Reilly.

WE NEED SOMEONE TO FIRE THIS TEAM UP! LOOK WHAT THAT AVERAGE FRESNO ST QB DID--he throw 7 TD's this whole season; and throw 6 last night!

This team IS LIKE A DEAD MAN WALKING; HAS NO FIRE, NO EMOTION, NO PULSE. I saw this live, sitting 9 rows behind the team at UNLV; and even more so last night.
Scary truth...an inexperienced QB could do worst.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
Scary truth...an inexperienced QB could do worst.
Good point. Yes, UH might as well plan for next year.

But at the same time, if he step on the field for the first time and have a horrible game, he may never shake that in his head or with his teammates. No one know how these two young QBs will be next year. So it's theirs for the taking.... Might as well go into camp next year equal too.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Beau Riley should start. He already used his redshirt year last year. Wittek and Woolsey are terrible.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

No to burning up Zwahlen's redshirt year.

Yes to Reilly. What do we have to lose? Another game? He has shown the ability to run in high school (was a 4.7/4.8 40 guy) and thereby may have the moxy that can inspire his teammates. Defenses will have to account for him when he meshes with a RB. It's not unheard of for a QB to crawl up a depth chart to start and thrive. Think of guys like Bryant Moniz. In addition, if the prior regime could game plan for Inoke Funaki to run and pass to succeed against Fresno State on the road in 2008, why can't Don Bailey game plan for Beau?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Duster wrote:No to burning up Zwahlen's redshirt year.

Yes to Reilly. What do we have to lose? Another game? He has shown the ability to run in high school (was a 4.7/4.8 40 guy) and thereby may have the moxy that can inspire his teammates. Defenses will have to account for him when he meshes with a RB. It's not unheard of for a QB to crawl up a depth chart to start and thrive. Think of guys like Bryant Moniz. In addition, if the prior regime could game plan for Inoke Funaki to run and pass to succeed against Fresno State on the road in 2008, why can't Don Bailey game plan for Beau?
Could be a gamer. I am all for it. New coach would have some game footage to look at. Maybe we should give more PT players coming back next season. Give them the experience and get more game footage on them. Start planning for next season now.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

The overall stats between Woolsey and Wittek are so close that it makes me wonder if any quarterback would make a difference ... How can they be so close unless the surrounding skill players are impacting their production. Beau would get killed out there. With two games left, it would be outrageous to burn Zwalen's redshirt year. With Ewaliko banged up, that leaves Makoa Camanse-Stevens. We would then have to go to a 90% run game. Might work.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

madeinhawaii wrote:The overall stats between Woolsey and Wittek are so close that it makes me wonder if any quarterback would make a difference ... How can they be so close unless the surrounding skill players are impacting their production.
I was thinking the same thing from last week's game. By stats, the two QBs are so similar. The QB gets all the attention, I really don't think it's the QB.

Like we mentioned in the other threads, is it really the coach? There is a new head coach and the results are the same. Perhaps UH shouldn't have fire Chow during mid season. Chow payout plus I'm sure Naeole got a temp salary increase too. That's overall...wasted $$$$. What else is new for UH. $$$$ that could be pooled for the next head coach (that means Chow should be fired at the end of the season, and not mid season because it make no difference).

If UH can't make a good decision, they seem to make a lot more bad ones.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The problem is not about Naeole being the new head coach. The problem is that he is the interim head coach who is going to lose his job after the end of the season. The players and other coaches all have to buy in to play out the remaining games, despite the uncertainty. They know that Naeole is not the permanent guy. It all comes down to respect and integrity. Last game showed that many of the players have no respect or integrity and may not have given it their best. Some of the players tried really hard and gave it their best effort. Need the entire team to make it work, not just some. The real problem is that Chow was allowed to start the season in the first place.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Throwing a sheep out to the wolves make zero sense. These Frosh QBs would be even slower in their reads. Seriously ppl, use common sense. Reality on the field is clear, Oline and WRs have major challenges to carry out their jobs. It could set these guys back.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: