NO
50%

Total votes: 24

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

CHANGE THE INTERIM COACH

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

CHANGE THE INTERIM COACH-can we bring back June Jones temporarily for the last 2 games OR SOMETHING?

WE NEED SOMEONE TO FIRE THIS TEAM UP! This team IS LIKE A DEAD MAN WALKING; HAS NO FIRE, HAS NO PULSE. I saw this live, sitting 9 rows behind the team at UNLV; and even more so last night.
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: CHANGE THE INTERIM COACH

Post by My3Cats »

Kinda reminds you of how much the SMU team tanked after JJ resigned/was terminated after the first two games last year doesn't it? Two more games to go.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

For a second there, I thought this was the NFL and Hawaii was tanking for draft picks next year....

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

i honestly dont even care at this point. scratch the season
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote:For a second there, I thought this was the NFL and Hawaii was tanking for draft picks next year....
Maybe that's what they thought too?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

I think UH should have let Chow ride this season out like a sea captain going down with his ship. I feel sorry for Naeole, who will be the fall guy. At this point, it doesnt matter who the interim coach is, just finish the season, get the next guy in there, and start preparing for 2016.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Agree. Win or loose, it was a team. And considering these guys been around sports all their lives, it does mean something and have feelings toward that. Now, it's just a sinking ships. Players are checking out. Underclass start to think about transferring. All the coaches will yell less now, cause need to save that voice for their interview. No one is going to be there. It's different if they put in an Interim HC that have a legit chance to be HC next year. The new HC is not on the current staff. Everyone will be "gone." Just go through the motions. Collect your paycheck. And start packing.

UH should have kept Chow till the end of the season. But this should not surprise us. UH decision makers does not know what they are doing most of the time. They react, and add band-aid.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

I disagree. We needed a change in direction now despite the consequences. We needed the glimmer of hope that we will get a new coach! I really thought the players would be fired up with a interim coach since they obviously did not have any fire under Chow.
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

At this point it is really up to the players to fire themselves up. There are players who really want to play hard just put them on the field. Give the new head coach tape to look at. The players who have given up better worry. The game tapes don't lie. Don't expect any of the current coaches to be around after the season ends. What they do at practice and at the game is on film. The new coaches will evaluate them.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Can't change anything more at this point.
But, I tell you what, even after Chow got booted - the offense is still struggling. Running backs running hard, but still basically the same running plays. AND, seems like the pass routes are basically - go deep down the sideline, or slant.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:CHANGE THE INTERIM COACH-can we bring back June Jones temporarily for the last 2 games OR SOMETHING?

WE NEED SOMEONE TO FIRE THIS TEAM UP! This team IS LIKE A DEAD MAN WALKING; HAS NO FIRE, HAS NO PULSE. I saw this live, sitting 9 rows behind the team at UNLV; and even more so last night.
I don't think JJ would be able to fire up this team as an interim. He is more of a rebuilder and would need time to evaluate players. Recruit to fill his needs. Reassign players to positions that he thinks will fit them the best. He did that when he got here. It is really up to all the coaches and the team leaders to keep the players fired up on the sidelines. It would help if more players were making plays on the field.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Grinch wrote:Can't change anything more at this point.
But, I tell you what, even after Chow got booted - the offense is still struggling. Running backs running hard, but still basically the same running plays. AND, seems like the pass routes are basically - go deep down the sideline, or slant.
They replaced their head coach with one of the most inexperienced coaches on the staff. UH gave up on the season. They are just hoping to find the new or maybe old JJ. By that I mean someone who will come in and turn things around.

akuhead2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by akuhead2 »

At this point, whoever the coach is, you want to make sure that injuries are kept to a minimum.