Miano to apply also

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Miano to apply also

Post by EITSwarrior »

I would still like him on staff even if he is not picked as head coach.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

EITSwarrior wrote:I would still like him on staff even if he is not picked as head coach.
Miano will take any coaching position with UH. JJ will only accept HC job, nothing else.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:I would still like him on staff even if he is not picked as head coach.
Miano will take any coaching position with UH. JJ will only accept HC job, nothing else.
Yeah I was talking about Miano. I didn't say anything about JJ taking another position other than HC.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

Makana wrote:Rich Miano was on my flight back home from Vegas, he must've been at the game scouting the team to see what he has if he is offered the job. If Miano is offered the job, I'd like to see who his OC will be, that will be a big part in the interview IMO.
Miano was part of the TV team which called the game.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

eonatoa wrote:
SM96753 wrote:I'm endorsing Miano and here's why...

1. The #1 factor in a successful college football program is recruiting. Miano has shown that he has an eye for talent and will be relentless in it's pursuit. You have to be a little bit of a used car salesman to sell yourself , your assistants, your school , and your program to these kids in their living rooms. More importantly, you have to sell it to their parents (mother) and I believe Miano has that knack. There is NO reason we should be losing kids to schools like UNLV and New Mexico State.

2. Player development. We are NOT going to get the 5 star athletes away from the USC's, Oregon's, Texas's, etc...period! The talent we do get will be somewhat of the lower tier players. We need to develop the "2" or "3" star players that we do get into high caliber football players that can produce. One of Miano's big projects are his spped and agility camps that he holds throughout the year so that tells me that a huge commitment of his will be player development.

3. He's Local. What I mean by this is that he knows how politics are conducted at the University of Hawaii. There's a lot of behind the scene bullcrap that goes on that we all know about. Rich will not be surprised by the administration BS that a head coach will face.

4. He played in the NFL. Having this on his resume is huge to a young recruit. He'll tell them that he knows what it takes to get there; to help them get to their lifelong dream of making it to the big time.

5. Work ethic! Think about it....the guy went from a walk-on at UH....to an 11 year veteran fo the NFL! This tells me that he knows what hard work and determination is all about.

6. And finally, He will be CHEAP! The guy will not command a huge salary because he wants to be there above all. If he was into money, he would have taken any job in the mainland. And for a University that is so cash strapped, this may be the deciding factor.

And anyhow....what do we have to lose? It can't get any worse...can it?
Prior to this post, i was iffy on Miano. Now i can see the things hes got going for him. A frw other concerns..... Can he attract quality assistant coaches? Are his leadership skills proven? Can he beat out JJ for the job?
I would expect to see Rolo as his OC.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

Makana wrote:Rich Miano was on my flight back home from Vegas, he must've been at the game scouting the team to see what he has if he is offered the job. If Miano is offered the job, I'd like to see who his OC will be, that will be a big part in the interview IMO.
jj would be perfect.let the old man concentrate on the offense.