Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: chris naeole

Post by kalua pig »

poidog wrote:
kalua pig wrote:you like miano?
I do, but I like a few other names that were mentioned as well. Miano, Rolo, Ivin Jasper, Dino Babers, Brian Norwood... They all fit my criteria of being either former Warrior players or coaches, being under 60, and having experienced previous success here either as a player or a coach. I like Miano most because he's a great recruiter and because he will hire good coordinators and let them do their jobs. I also like Miano because a lot of former players think he would be good for the job. I'd be just as happy with any of those other coaches, though. I do have an open mind if some surprise candidate applies that we are not yet aware of. I'm not so high on those other coaches with loose ties to the state but didn't play here.
+1

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

has chris naeole gotten rid of the no long hair policy yet?

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

kalua pig wrote:has chris naeole gotten rid of the no long hair policy yet?
That's probably the farthest thing from his mind. He's clearly a 110% guy, who probably doesn't care how you look and only cares if players give 110% themselves in the classroom, in practice, in games and in team matters.

ttmf
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ttmf »

Not impressed
IT'S JUST A GAME!

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

maybe next game we can wear the rainbow helmets,green jerseys,and black pants.we should switch sidelines and start ewaliko at qb.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

kalua pig wrote:maybe next game we can wear the rainbow helmets,green jerseys,and black pants.we should switch sidelines and start ewaliko at qb.
Ewaliko injured. Will be surprised to see him on the field in the next game.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Ewaliko was on crutches in the second half. Did not look good for him. I feel for coach Naeole - too few of the players have decided to continue to play out the season with respect and honor. Credit to the players who gave their best effort.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Naeole made the comment something like, lets see who wants to play (these two games). I think the team has given up. We can talk about pride, but these players really don't know what that is, many of the Seniors never tasted winning.

I don't hold this against Chris Naeole. That's not to say I think he is a good HC. If UH was to fire Chow 3-4 game into the season, I think the players may have responded better. Maybe a winning season. Maybe a bowl game. There was hope (dream) at one point still. When Naeole took over, there was really nothing to play for. Why get hurt?

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

cabanalane wrote:Naeole made the comment something like, lets see who wants to play (these two games). I think the team has given up. We can talk about pride, but these players really don't know what that is, many of the Seniors never tasted winning.

I don't hold this against Chris Naeole. That's not to say I think he is a good HC. If UH was to fire Chow 3-4 game into the season, I think the players may have responded better. Maybe a winning season. Maybe a bowl game. There was hope (dream) at one point still. When Naeole took over, there was really nothing to play for. Why get hurt?
There is still a lot to play for despite no bowl game and a losing season. There are the seniors whose last time playing this game is about to come. There are the underclassmen who wish to send the seniors out on a high note with a bang. There are those whose families come to games and they play for them and their family name/pride. Most of all, they need to play for themselves and each other.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

There is plenty to play for for each and every coach and player. All the coaches and players did their jobs well enough to get the HC fired.You can bet the next head coach is really going to evaluate each coach,but also every player who doesn't graduate.

Most of the coaches are not going to be retained. But for the players ,there are no guarantees some of their scholarships won't be pulled or that they won't get run off one way or another. Now,those players who are maybe letting up,had better do like Duster indicates ,and start playing for team pride..and maybe those guys will join the ones who do make it back on the team next year.Coaches aren't the only ones on the hotseat.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

chris naeole stripped the captains of their honor and called out collie for dropping passes.accountability was directed at the players.we need to clean house.this coaching staff is kindergarten.

Hiloman
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Hiloman »

Hard for me to believe players have given up. They came from being the best in high school. Maybe it is the system and coaches they gave up on (if they gave up)

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

chris naeole.its my way or da highway.lol.easy cowboy,don't let the head coach title get to your head.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

My friend told me he is the reason our starting kicker left the team just before kickoff against ULM.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Chris never show Aloha so I don't think he stays.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”