All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Could Chow's Time Be Up?

Post by ulua »

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... awaii.html
Chow will learn his fate from UH athletic director Dave Matlin as early as Sunday. Considering this was the most lopsided loss for UH at Aloha Stadium in school history, no one should be surprised if it is Chow's last game. If it is, he would finish 10-36 at UH and in his only stint as a head coach at the collegiate level.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Could Chow's Time Be Up?

Post by poidog »

I dunno. the news media seems to think something will happen tomorrow. The feeling I got from some informed people is that there won't be a change yet but this was earlier in the day, before AFA gave us one of our worst losses ever. If Chow doesn't get fired tomorrow, it will probably be because they haven't figured out the right way to do it, contract-wise. A coaching change would be a nice gift for those of us making the trip to vegas for next week's game, though! Make it happen, Mr. Matlin!

Warriors93
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Warriors93 »

It was up last year, and hes still here. He should have never been hired to begin with, he was supposed to bring in the local recruits even though he went to Utah. This program is a disaster! Between the 1/4 full stadium and the effort on the field what recruits will want to come here?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Worst coach ever. With von Appen, he was a defensive coach so at least our D was pretty good but our O was terrible. With Chow, he's an offensive coach but the O stinks. Now the D stinks. Both sides of the ball is terrible. Plus, you look at the things he's gotten compared to JJ, it's a lot more. Maybe not a lot compared to other schools but a lot compared to what we had before. And he still can't put a decent product on the field.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I thought that Chow said the right things about the kids, etc. But he doesn't think fast enough during the football game to make adjustments. I guess this is probably why with all the fanfare about Chow being a success at BYU and USC,etc, he was never selected as a head football coach. The sad thing about this is that he sets a poor example for the people who will attempt to succeed him who have local ties. He is a poor example for the Hawaiian and Chinese potential coaches out that may have the potential.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Being a good coach means making good use of their current players. It's finding the potential within those players to produce the best product on the field. i used to be a big fan of Chow but now I'm realizing that he is very overrated. At schools such as USC and BYU he was given good players. He was given 3-4 star recruits. It's like having 10 year olds play in a 8 year old league. Now when he has to deal with .00001 star recruits he cant do anything because he was never put into that situation and he is too stubborn to see that. UH has to fire him today. The program is going to lose money buying him out but it's cheaper than the money that they will lose when the fans don't come to the games.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

If UH can't let him go. Mabye, it's time to let go UH.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

madeinhawaii wrote:If UH can't let him go. Mabye, it's time to let go UH.
They could be waiting until after the road trip to make a change. That's my hope, anyway. But like I said earlier in the thread, the people I talked to think that UH is not hot on making an in-season change for whatever reason. I'm hoping that last night's performance and attendance change their mind.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

poidog wrote:
They could be waiting until after the road trip to make a change. That's my hope, anyway. But like I said earlier in the thread, the people I talked to think that UH is not hot on making an in-season change for whatever reason. I'm hoping that last night's performance and attendance change their mind.
Does anyone know what the attendance of last night's game was?
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

travo66 wrote:
poidog wrote:
Does anyone know what the attendance of last night's game was?
Official was just over 15k. I don't know what turnstile was...

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Chow is gone...
finally...
Now... I hope they look to the future knowing what works and doesn't work for the Warrior program.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Hallelujah!

:rocket:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

Rolovich, baby. He's a fairly good coach and he's probably the only one UH can afford right now. I don't see a problem with JJ taking a backseat to this and run his hybrid offense as the OC. Otherwise there's Gib Arnold he's already on da payroll and has some free time.