Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Re: Unofficial Game Thread --- Air Force

Post by Egonator »

Being a good coach means making good use of their current players. It's finding the potential within those players to produce the best product on the field. i used to be a big fan of Chow but now I'm realizing that he is very overrated. At schools such as USC and BYU he was given good players. He was given 3-4 star recruits. It's like having 10 year olds play in a 8 year old league. Now when he has to deal with .00001 star recruits he cant do anything because he was never put into that situation and he is too stubborn to see that. UH has to fire him today. The program is going to lose money buying him out but it's cheaper than the money that they will lose when the fans don't come to the games.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Maui Boy in Alaska wrote:This is very painful. I love Hawaii and watching games like this just fudging hurts. It's over for coach Chow. Now we need the State legislature to understand that we need them to invest into the program. The only way we get a good new coach and things turned around is if we get an investment to better pay the assistant coaches, improve the facilities, and fully fund player cost of living stipends.

Also change the starting QB.
I agree wholeheartedly with all of your points. Unfortunately with our politicians being politicians, they only want their pictures taken with winners, but they didn't even help to fund the athletic program and the school during the June Jones years (beyond providing normal funding for autonomy). It doesn't help that the UH administrators don't seem to know what they are doing and don't know how to properly lobby the legislature and the Governor.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

AllRelative
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AllRelative »

I think the fans already stop going to the games. Fifteen thousand is not a lot considering how many seats there are at the Aloha. And this number didn't just drop last night. There are just as many at an ILH game. Very sad because Hawaii high school talent tends to leave the state.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Actually, No-Aloha was a full house last night. On Halloween, most of the fans chose to dress up as orange, yellow, red or blue seat covers. Then again most telling besides the 15,118 butts in the seats was the 7,000+ no shows.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.