Offensive Fixes, for current scheme

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Offensive Fixes, for current scheme

Post by WarriorTyme »

To be fair to the WR Corps this season, the UH Wide Receivers coach is the former grad assistant Luke Matthews who resume isn’t exactly loaded with NFL or College Football Experience either. We remember Jordan Wynn who was also a grad assistant that was the QB coach and quasi offense coordinator and that didn’t lead to improved QB play, scoring points on offense and Wins last season.

This could be a pure coincidence that the issues Hawaii had on offense was QB play and WR’s the past couple seasons and the position coaches for QB was Jordan Wynn and still is for WR’s is Luke Matthews. Just saying the WR corps has been pretty lack luster the past couple of seasons and is still a issue this season as well. I not saying Wynn and Matthews are to young age wise to be position coaches but I am saying that they lack playing and coaching experience at the FBS (D-1) and NFL level to really teach, lead, plan, evaluate talent and recruit at the FBS level.

I have been commenting on how the WR’s Corps has been lackluster and didn’t even think to comment about how the WR coach is also lacking in experience and knowledge in coaching and as a football player in the NFL and limited experience at the FBS level at Utah.

Think about it for a second? Would you want your MD Surgical Cardiologist say to you. Sir or Ma’am, I need to perform open heart surgery on you, but I’ve only done this particular type surgery a few times by myself. Would you and your family feel comfortable with paying the money and proceeding with that limited experienced MD? Probably not? You would ask for a 2nd opinion or ask be referred to another Surgeon that’s really experienced in doing that type of open heart surgery.

Or your Surgeon has a reputation for not being that great and learned how to perform open heart surgery from another lack of experienced Surgeon in his past. The old student/rookie learning from another student/rookie scenario? Just food for thought why the WR corps has been lack luster the past couple seasons?

Txbow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Offensive Fixes, for current scheme

Post by Txbow »

madeinhawaii wrote:There's only one fix that might work. Replace Chow.
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000