Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ****OFFICIAL HAWAII VS. WISCONSIN GAME THREAD*****

Post by poidog »

UHALLDAWAY808 wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:
poidog wrote: Mack was senile, bro. I'll keep saying it.
Semi-agree with that. But since Mack was senile, what does that make Chow?
Lol..Mack did have a good staff tho
He had a great staff... Rolo, Aranda, and Miano made for a great core. they were the ones really coaching the team in 2011. The situation was not sustainable and it couldn't go another season like that. I really wish that they hired someone from that staff or hired someone that would have kept the staff mostly intact.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

couz808 wrote:It's funny that people want to get rid of chow after losing to Ohio state and Wisconsin. Now if we start losing a lot in conference, then yeah he's gotta go
I wanted to get rid of Chow after his second season. Was never onboard with his hire, but went along with it and was hopeful and optimistic. But his stubbornness to change his offense philosophy and not adapt it to the players available is mostly why I'm pau with him.

balut808
Starter
Starter

Post by balut808 »

Sorry but chow is done. Cannot help if no more talent. That's the truth. Good luck to any coach after chow. :- :-

balut808
Starter
Starter

Post by balut808 »

FatJeff wrote:Enough, fire Chow before he runs football off a cliff.
Too late my friend. Hawaii is already falling the next cliff higher than the first. It's the beginning of the end.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I think Hawaii has talent on both sides of the ball. But, the offensive schemes and play calling - questionable.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

Grinch wrote:I think Hawaii has talent on both sides of the ball. But, the offensive schemes and play calling - questionable.
wisconsin can be thrown on and pedroza abused the cornerback all night.
too bad we didn't have a better run game tonight, score would have been closer.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

poidog wrote: He had a great staff... Rolo, Aranda, and Miano made for a great core. they were the ones really coaching the team in 2011. The situation was not sustainable and it couldn't go another season like that. I really wish that they hired someone from that staff or hired someone that would have kept the staff mostly intact.
I guess we'll always see things differently. As I saw 2011, we could have easily ended 12-1. Really, only BYU blew us up. All the other games were single score losses. If you recall, everyone of our starting offensive linemen was either disqualified or injured. With that handicap, we lost an awful lot of close games to good teams.

I liked what I saw of our team today. We looked like we belonged on the field with Wisconsin. Unfortunately, we're gonna get killed again next week. While the Badgers are a solid team, I felt that the officiating crew should have been given the mvp award. It wasn't enough that without them we would've won the game, but they did help at key moments in the game.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Tough loss. Again many miscues on offense. Back to the drawing board bows!

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Thanks for your effort Coach Chow, but I think it's time to step down. I'm not mad that they lost nope not one bit, I'm mad because the offense looks clueless. Where the heck is the second half adjustments, same frickin plays all day. Hey how do you beat a pass rush, it maybe easier said than done yes, but where the heck where all the screen plays how about calling a run play right down the throat of their best pass rushers, anybody seen the TE in this offense cause I think they forgot to install one. The DB's had our WR's locked up with bump-n-run coverage, Wittek needs to learn to checkdown utilize his RB's and TE's in the passing game Godt dammit look for the damn mis-matches why don't you!!!!

One thing this offense needs to install is a FB, from the Pistol the run game is SOOOOOOOO one-dimensional. Get the damn QB under center and run some I-Formation and Split backs, inside traps and stretch plays.......I SEEN NONE OF THAT WTF KIND OF HIGH SCHOOL OFFENSE IS THIS!!!!!! SMFH......It's not gonna get any easier next week bet on that!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Agree with Makana here. Especially with no half-time offensive adjustments except for the two trick plays.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Coach Chow supporters where are you to defend your coach? Where is the genius? Where's the offense? Where's championships? Hell, just show him where the exit is.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I don't think this team lacks talent at all, but it's definitely struggling in the coaching category.

bow89
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bow89 »

I want to see how we do against similar talent before I make any judgments regarding this year's staff. How did June and Mac do on the road against BCS ranked opponents? How did Mac, Aranda and Rolo do the last time we played Wisconsin?