1955 Team Captain To Serve As Honorary Captain This Saturday

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

1955 Team Captain To Serve As Honorary Captain This Saturday

Post by uhwarriors »

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/news/201 ... h=football
UH Athletics wrote:HONOLULU – Richard "Dick" Ueoka, the co-captain of the 1955 University of Hawai'i football team which upset Nebraska, 6-0, in Lincoln, Neb., will serve as the Rainbow Warriors' honorary captain for Saturday's game against UC Davis.

Kick-off is 6:07 p.m., at Hawaiian Airlines Field at Aloha Stadium. Ueoka will accompany the UH captains for the coin toss.

This year marks the 60th anniversary of the 1955 season. The victory over Nebraska was considered the biggest upset in school history. Ueoka, an end from Hanapepe, Kaua'i, co-captained the squad along with Hartwell Freitas, who scored the game's lone touchdown.

One year after losing to the Cornhuskers 50-0 in Honolulu, the 40-point underdog Rainbows travelled to Lincoln with a 27-man squad. In 95-degree heat and 26-mile-per-hour winds, the "Roaring" Rainbows went ahead 6-0 in the fourth quarter with Freitas' touchdown and Skippy Dyer broke up a pass deep in UH territory in the waning moments to preserve the victory.

Members of the 1955 team will join the UH football team for a team dinner, Friday, and speak with the team pre-game, Saturday. The team will be recognized to the crowd at the first timeout of the first quarter.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 1955 Team Captain To Serve As Honorary Captain This Saturday

Post by My3Cats »

Good to see UH honoring a legendary moment in their history with these gentlemen.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: 1955 Team Captain To Serve As Honorary Captain This Saturday

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

Here is a roster for the 1955 UH Rainbow team- some names are repeated and don’t know if it is totally accurate.

http://www.fanbase.com/hawaii-warriors- ... 55/roster/
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.