Yes
12%
No
88%

Total votes: 17

uhwarriors

Is UC Davis A Trap Game?

Post by uhwarriors »

After beating Colorado and playing a spirited game against Ohio State, is the 0 and 2 UC Davis a trap game?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Is UC Davis A Trap Game?

Post by Irse »

No. We'll handle them easily.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Yes. We are going to trap em, skin em, cook em and eat em.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I don't think so... I think the coaches and the players are looking forward to this game, not looking past it. from a preparation standpoint, this upcoming game is very important because the offense needs confidence. I don't think anyone involved is going to not take this game seriously, because they want to prove to everyone and themselves that they are not a one-dimensional team.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

For the offense it may be a trap game. But not for reasons you might think. They might try to go fancy to impress and trip over their own feet. :roll:

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

BigIslandHank
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BigIslandHank »

We are not good enough to take anyone lightly. We do not have the right to have "trap games".

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Won't be a trap game. Might go one way or the other.. Really nice, with the offense clicking like it should. OR really, really messy as more players get into the game and players get a feel for one another with sloppy plays and a win by brute force.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

FCS programs beat FBS programs all the time, but 99% of the time it's really good FCS programs doing the winning. Teams expected to make the FCS playoffs. UC-Davis is a lower-level Big Sky program that can't stop the run. This game shouldn't be close, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get caught sleeping. Even then, still win by 17+.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I would like to see all the of our receivers get some playing time. See what they can do. Devan Stubblefield, Keelan Ewaliko, Marcus Kemp, Dylan Collie, Duke Bukoski, Frank Abreu, Adonis Phillips, John Ursua, Ammon Barker, Vasquez Haynes, Makoa Camanse-Stevens, Isaiah Bernard, Andrew Ho, Kalei Letoto, and Ryan Pasoquen.

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

That's a lot of good receivers made'nHI and I agree they should all get a chance but when it comes to garbage time I would rather see Zwahlen throw it to them because I'll think they will shine more with the "Z" than with Woolsey. I think we should do trick plays with Woolsey because he is athletic.
www.southseascinema.org

Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

omg...we haven't beaten a single good team in the last 3...going on 4 years...and you guys wanna use the UC Davis game as a tune-up for inexperienced players?!!!!! Our 1st team has NO experience. We scored ZERO points against a Buckeye team that SHOULD NOT be number one this year. After 2 games, we have a single receiver with a hundred yards and a single rusher with a hundred yards. OUR STARTERS need more time to jell with their new quarterback. Our 1st year coordinators need time to jell with their starters.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

SundayJam wrote:omg...we haven't beaten a single good team in the last 3...going on 4 years...and you guys wanna use the UC Davis game as a tune-up for inexperienced players?!!!!! Our 1st team has NO experience. We scored ZERO points against a Buckeye team that SHOULD NOT be number one this year. After 2 games, we have a single receiver with a hundred yards and a single rusher with a hundred yards. OUR STARTERS need more time to jell with their new quarterback. Our 1st year coordinators need time to jell with their starters.
I think many of our starters have already demonstrated what they can/cannot do. Need to find new 'starters' asap...guys who can bring it on under the lights. Guys who can create separation.. run crisp routes and catch without dropping the ball.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

SundayJam wrote:omg...we haven't beaten a single good team in the last 3...going on 4 years...and you guys wanna use the UC Davis game as a tune-up for inexperienced players?!!!!! Our 1st team has NO experience. We scored ZERO points against a Buckeye team that SHOULD NOT be number one this year. After 2 games, we have a single receiver with a hundred yards and a single rusher with a hundred yards. OUR STARTERS need more time to jell with their new quarterback. Our 1st year coordinators need time to jell with their starters.
You're right. The fact that the discussion assumes an easy win and is about playing non-starters makes it a trap game. I hope the players aren't thinking that way. They need to come out with an all-out effort and not assume anything. Getting a win is imperative to a successful season.

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

Sunday Jam you are right our offense needs the playing time together but I was referring to "garbage time" in my post when the game is way out of hand. Even so, I never what to see second or third stringers in at these times to run between the tackles and punt. They should run the offense (ala JJ) so they can show what they can do under the lights. Many team stars have come out in these forth quarter efforts i.e. Chad Owens. I see a lot of good players in practice who have potential and might preform well on Saturdays if given the chance. Of course "garbage time is predicated on a blow out, If the offense doesn't blow out in this next game than by all means keep them in there to work things out but like in volleyball or basketball or any other sport trying different combinations of starters in "game" situations it is sometimes a prudent thing to do if things aren't working. Some coaches are insecure to experiment under the lights and they keep losing. I'm just saying one can also throw in an Ewaliko or Ursua every once in a while with the chance of seeing what they can do with the ball. I'm glad we threw Davis in there last week and the D throws guys in and out all the time. Yes the offensive needs the time but perhaps during that time a little surprise spark could mean the difference.

For this game I predict there will be garbage time and others will shin as well as the starters, having good depth is part of having a good team:
Hawaii 45 UCD 17
Go Warriors!!!!
www.southseascinema.org

The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

When they do decide to put in the Backup QB, I hope he gets to pass on 1st or 2nd and not just 3rd & long after handing the ball off on consecutive runs up the middle.

This offense needs to put teams away and maintain a lead and give the defense a rest.
The all the receivers still need to catch anything thrown their way.
3 INTs this season came off catchable balls that receivers couldn't hold on to.