****OFFICIAL HAWAII VS. OHIO STATE GAME THREAD****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: ****OFFICIAL HAWAII VS. OHIO STATE GAME THREAD****

Post by Irse »

EITSwarrior wrote:
Irse wrote:I thought this was going to be the year we had a good O. He has all "his guys" in place. A farce.
I think they'll be better. But they weren't ever gonna look good against Ohio St.
I was expecting more than 165 total yds.
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Nevermind, found it.. Hawaii got sacked 4 times.. Ohio 2x... although there was at tackle for loss that could have gone either way against Ohio, as well.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

:hello1: Solid D!!! :hello1: Tulimasealii is a BEAST!

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

I definitely expected moore from this O. Really, though, it is the WRs. The line did ok. Wittek less ok. Running game with Harris and Davis is going to be good. The Recievers really are hurting the team with inconsistent, and weak route running. The plays are there... Execution should be better by now.

Coach Luke needs to teach um up!

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Did Tui Unga get in the game?

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

The Defense looked great, and the running backs were promising.

the passing game was fully overmatched, so i think it's pointless to criticize Bailey's offense just yet; it never had a shot.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Bailey's offense is not the problem. It's the receivers not being where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there, then catching the ball.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Exiled wrote:Bailey's offense is not the problem. It's the receivers not being where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there, then catching the ball.
lets give credit where it's due to. OSU's coverage is a cut above what we're equipped to deal with.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Exiled wrote:Did Tui Unga get in the game?
Wasn't the first interception off of his hands?

Oops sorry.. I think it was HAGGER, Davasyia

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

BullNuts808 wrote::hello1: Solid D!!! :hello1: Tulimasealii is a BEAST!

agreed
he could start for most teams in nation

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

xer 21 wrote:
Exiled wrote:Bailey's offense is not the problem. It's the receivers not being where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there, then catching the ball.
lets give credit where it's due to. OSU's coverage is a cut above what we're equipped to deal with.

True. A thick cut at that! I have in mind the plays that were there and just not finished. The pick on the hitch route to Pedroza, for example, seemed like Wittexk was throwing for the slant. Chow was getting on Pedroza pretty hard. Either he ran the wrong route or simply did not fight back to the ball. Plays like that make a difference. I felt plays were there, but the execution is not at a level that can compensate for the talent disparity and make a respectable showing.

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

Everybody has to remember what a monster of a team Ohio State is. One of the best in college football history. Their last three games last year was legendary. They demolished Wisconsin, they manhandled Alabama (which everyone thought they were unbeatable) and they easily handled Oregon in the national championship with a 3rd string QB! Most returned this year including what some would argue the best defensive player in the country, the best running back in the nation and arguably THREE of the top 20 QBs in the country. Unbelievable. Last week they beat the only team that beat them last year, as an away team. They were on their to be even better than last year. But this week, OS looked worst. Carke handled Bosa (his name was only called one or two times in the game), the warriors held their vaulted back to less then half his output from the last three big games last year, and we made all three of their QBs look bad. 17-0 after 3 qtrs. and getting better because the 3rd qtr was only a 3-0 favor by this historic team. We also must realized that two of their scores at this point, were only after offensive turnovers and no serious injuries which is an indication of physical ability and a fierce attitude.

Now what happens next blows my mind because the offensive was actually starting to move, getting first downs and eating up the clock but Norm surprisingly puts the second string in while Meyer keeps his first string in. 3 and out 5 and out with norm ball and before you know it, the score is 38 to nothing! What was coach thinking! Was he trying to save players! He certainly wasn't trying to save face but all of a sudden the great respect that we were building was deflating fast. I can not over emphasized that there is something more than winning, that is building team pride, something bigger than wining that is building a culture of winning, some call it a swagger but all it is, is building an attitude of winning. Metal is bigger than physical. Wins come with this positive and fearless metal environment. This is why De La Salle and Boise State are successful. De LA Salle is undersized and Boise State wins big with 2 and 3 star recruits and no money. Norm's biggest weakness is NOT building this wining culture. What kind of message is he giving his team in the forth quarter today, that it is ok to give up!

I believe in this team, they played well today. This is the best team we had in a while. To be blunt, our good punter and receivers were "big crowd' struck. I know they are better than today's efforts and it will show in the next game. Go Bows! Go Warriors! I'll be there next Saturday cheering you on loud which helps to build this winning culture. Yes fans can do their part in this effort, look at the Seahawks and today's Ohio crowd. We can help make up in the weakness in our head coaching. Hope thousands will join me.
Last edited by Kahaluu Imua Warriors on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.southseascinema.org

Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Exiled wrote:Did Tui Unga get in the game?
He caught a pass on UH's 2nd pass of the first offensive series.....but must've got hurt.....since saw him on the sidelines afterwards during the game without his helmet nor shoulder pads.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

It's what was expected, OSU's defense is second to none can't believe some of you thought otherwise. Now if Hawaii performed that way against New Mexico then we got problems. Some people thought putting in Woolsey was gonna fix things but NOPE same outcome. Again, this was Ohio frickin St. Hawaii was playing the most I was expecting was a field goal.

Hawaii doesn't even have a 7th round pick on their O-line while Joey Bosa is expected to go number 1 overall in the draft. Aldolphus Washington is easily a late 2nd to 3rd round pick (the NFL Combine will say otherwise).

UH had a solid performance against a poorus team in Colorado, there's not much to say about the loss to OSU, let it go Hawaii was never gonna beat a National Championship team in OSU.

Now with that said, we should ALL be proud of the defense, they gave OSU fits especially Kennedy Tulimasealii who former NFL GM Matt Millen couldn't stop raving about. Another thing Daniel Lewis SHOULD be the starting FS or SS.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Makana wrote: Now with that said, we should ALL be proud of the defense, they gave OSU fits especially Kennedy Tulimasealii who former NFL GM Matt Millen couldn't stop raving about.
Not only a former NFL GM, but Matt Millen also had a 11-year NFL career as a MLB.....so would figure that he knows of what he speaks.