wishbone offense

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: wishbone offense

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote:Chow already runs the triple option, just not the Wishbone.

1) Up the middle
2) Up the middle
3) Up the middle
4) Punt

It's just that he only selects the first option.
chow runs the incomplete pass,run it for 2 yards,and incomplete pass on third and 8 offense.kenny,please come home and run the wishbone.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

kalua pig wrote: chow runs the incomplete pass,run it for 2 yards,and incomplete pass on third and 8 offense.kenny,please come home and run the wishbone.
East Coast is too cold for a Poly. Ken is at his prime. I hope he does not come home at the end of his career. It might be Chow 2.0. Chow finally came home, no? And now we want him out.

Can UH pony up greater than $1.7M in HC salary?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote:
kalua pig wrote: chow runs the incomplete pass,run it for 2 yards,and incomplete pass on third and 8 offense.kenny,please come home and run the wishbone.
East Coast is too cold for a Poly. Ken is at his prime. I hope he does not come home at the end of his career. It might be Chow 2.0. Chow finally came home, no? And now we want him out.

Big difference is that Kenny has experience as a HC, Chow did not.

Kenny's probably used to the weather up there. He hasn't been in Hawaii for an extended period for a long time.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Going with the wishbone offense, which is from the early 1970's BTW, from Chowball Dinosaur offense, will keep UH many steps backwards from everybody else in D1 football. Something sleek and modern please!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote:Going with the wishbone offense, which is from the early 1970's BTW, from Chowball Dinosaur offense, will keep UH many steps backwards from everybody else in D1 football. Something sleek and modern please!
such as?

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

cabanalane wrote:

one jumbo jack combo with diet soda no ice.i also like couple buttermilk sauce.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

kalua pig wrote:
My3Cats wrote:Going with the wishbone offense, which is from the early 1970's BTW, from Chowball Dinosaur offense, will keep UH many steps backwards from everybody else in D1 football. Something sleek and modern please!
such as?
The "Baylor" offense!

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote:
kalua pig wrote:
such as?
The "Baylor" offense!
who can run that for hawaii?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If you are asking about coaches, definitely not Chow. Anyone from the Baylor/Briles coaching tree. If you are talking about players, we start with Mackenzie Milton.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote:If you are asking about coaches, definitely not Chow. Anyone from the Baylor/Briles coaching tree. If you are talking about players, we start with Mackenzie Milton.
we wont get any of them coaches,im sorry if milton doesn't fit in a offense run by kenny,but i respect your millilani pride.homer.

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

Yes, this offense will work for the Rainbow Warriors. The option offense is for teams who have recruitig difficulties. Hawaii will never have a great recruiting program. Local talent is not interested in the program. Kids no longer grow up saying they want to represent their home state because there is no pride in this team in the community anymore. Mainland kids are scared to come to Hawaii and leave home to play for a Mountain West program that hasn't had consistent success. You can't sell "paradise" because it never works in the long run. Players will always end up transferring.

Now I am reading comments and I see:
1. Option teams can't pass
2. Option teams haven't been successful

1. When Paul Johnson was in Hawaii as the OC the offense ran the option but not like how Johnson runs the option at Georiga Tech today. Hawaii passed the ball a lot more back then and the offense was actually productive. Hawaii had success in running the option.

2. When people claim option teams have never been successful: You're ignorant. Georiga Tech has been a consistent bowl team. The Air Force Falcons have only missed a bowl game four times in the past 15 years and two out of the four times they did miss they had bowl eligible records but were never invited to play. For Navy, ever since Niumatalolo has been the HC, the Midshipmen have only missed a bowl game once. All of these option teams have successful football programs in exception to Army who has never been a good program ever since my great great grandpa was alive. The option has been proven to be successful.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

kalua pig wrote:
My3Cats wrote:If you are asking about coaches, definitely not Chow. Anyone from the Baylor/Briles coaching tree. If you are talking about players, we start with Mackenzie Milton.
we wont get any of them coaches,im sorry if milton doesn't fit in a offense run by kenny,but i respect your millilani pride.homer.
You're a fool to believe that Milton can't run an option offense because that is basically what they run at Mililani. Just not the Wishbone. In fact, no one has run the Wishbone since probably back in the 1990's when Army was the last hold out. That offense is a dinosaur that began in the late 1960's.

And BTW, although I live in Mililani now, I am not a Mililani fan or Mililani grad.

Also BTW, the Baylor/Briles offense is an option offense that also utilizes the pass, but primarily emphasizes the run, just a modern version of the triple option.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

IFeelThat¿ wrote:Yes, this offense will work for the Rainbow Warriors. The option offense is for teams who have recruitig difficulties. Hawaii will never have a great recruiting program. Local talent is not interested in the program. Kids no longer grow up saying they want to represent their home state because there is no pride in this team in the community anymore. Mainland kids are scared to come to Hawaii and leave home to play for a Mountain West program that hasn't had consistent success. You can't sell "paradise" because it never works in the long run. Players will always end up transferring.

Now I am reading comments and I see:
1. Option teams can't pass
2. Option teams haven't been successful

1. When Paul Johnson was in Hawaii as the OC the offense ran the option but not like how Johnson runs the option at Georiga Tech today. Hawaii passed the ball a lot more back then and the offense was actually productive. Hawaii had success in running the option.

2. When people claim option teams have never been successful: You're ignorant. Georiga Tech has been a consistent bowl team. The Air Force Falcons have only missed a bowl game four times in the past 15 years and two out of the four times they did miss they had bowl eligible records but were never invited to play. For Navy, ever since Niumatalolo has been the HC, the Midshipmen have only missed a bowl game once. All of these option teams have successful football programs in exception to Army who has never been a good program ever since my great great grandpa was alive. The option has been proven to be successful.
When Paul Johnson ran a version of his offense that utilized the passing game it was only because he had modified it to suit Garrett Gabriel, who was recruited under Dick Tomey's regime as he was a pro-style quarterback. Gabriel was not a running quarterback but did well enough to be productive. After Gabriel graduated, the following quarterbacks had been recruited to run Johnson's spread offense and were primarily running quarterbacks, and the passing game was a mere side show.

I do agree that this spread offense was successful in it's day. But after Johnson left to be the head coach at Georgia Southern, the offense at Hawaii was never the same and the team was in a decline, leading to Bob Wagner's dismissal. Very unfortunate because Fred von Appen was his successor.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote:
kalua pig wrote:
You're a fool to believe that Milton can't run an option offense because that is basically what they run at Mililani. Just not the Wishbone. In fact, no one has run the Wishbone since probably back in the 1990's when Army was the last hold out. That offense is a dinosaur that began in the late 1960's.

And BTW, although I live in Mililani now, I am not a Mililani fan or Mililani grad.

Also BTW, the Baylor/Briles offense is an option offense that also utilizes the pass, but primarily emphasizes the run, just a modern version of the triple option.
cuz,im just pushing your buttons.wishbone is good for hawaii.mahalo.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

kalua pig wrote:
My3Cats wrote:
kalua pig wrote:we wont get any of them coaches,im sorry if milton doesn't fit in a offense run by kenny,but i respect your millilani pride.homer.

cuz,im just pushing your buttons.wishbone is good for hawaii.mahalo.
No problem! I know that you just trying to get people's reactions. But I really can't remember the last time that I saw someone run the Wishbone. I only use it on my salads now!