wishbone offense

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: wishbone offense

Post by kalua pig »

air force will show the hawaii fans how to execute the kalua pig wishbone saturday.enjoy.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

kalua pig wrote:air force will show the hawaii fans how to execute the kalua pig wishbone saturday.enjoy.
If the Warrior defense doesn't play with discipline throughout the entire game, I'm afraid that you will be proven correct and that it will be a long night for Warrior fans. One mistake, one player out of system or position and its off to the races for Air Force.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote:
kalua pig wrote:air force will show the hawaii fans how to execute the kalua pig wishbone saturday.enjoy.
If the Warrior defense doesn't play with discipline throughout the entire game, I'm afraid that you will be proven correct and that it will be a long night for Warrior fans. One mistake, one player out of system or position and its off to the races for Air Force.
kenny could run that offense to perfection in hawaii.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I'm not optimistic after watching Hawaii be out coached the past few games, unable to hold onto a lead in the second half and losing.

Hawaii 17

Air Force 35

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My3Cats wrote: I do agree that this spread offense was successful in it's day. But after Johnson left to be the head coach at Georgia Southern, the offense at Hawaii was never the same and the team was in a decline, leading to Bob Wagner's dismissal. Very unfortunate because Fred von Appen was his successor.
Navy was undefeated. And now 5-1. Like the term, history will repeat itself, I think it will also in football.

JJ's style was fresh back then. It was successful. It set new records. OMG. Today, many of the records have been broken. High schools are running this style. Everyone is doing it.

On the flip side, the Defenses are catching up. Young players know how it works on offense, and also how to defend it. Therefore, the passing attack may not be a potent as it once was.

I dont' think many players know how a wishbone triple option really works, or practice it often, or take it seriously. I have no stats, but from general observation, it seems like more teams are "running" the ball more compare to a few years ago, where it's all about the passing game.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

cabanalane wrote:
My3Cats wrote: I do agree that this spread offense was successful in it's day. But after Johnson left to be the head coach at Georgia Southern, the offense at Hawaii was never the same and the team was in a decline, leading to Bob Wagner's dismissal. Very unfortunate because Fred von Appen was his successor.
Navy was undefeated. And now 5-1. Like the term, history will repeat itself, I think it will also in football.

JJ's style was fresh back then. It was successful. It set new records. OMG. Today, many of the records have been broken. High schools are running this style. Everyone is doing it.

On the flip side, the Defenses are catching up. Young players know how it works on offense, and also how to defend it. Therefore, the passing attack may not be a potent as it once was.

I dont' think many players know how a wishbone triple option really works, or practice it often, or take it seriously. I have no stats, but from general observation, it seems like more teams are "running" the ball more compare to a few years ago, where it's all about the passing game.
true story.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

i can see the future.this is why i started this thread.wishbone offense cuz.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Jus call em the kalua pig offense already

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

kalua pig wrote:i can see the future.this is why i started this thread.wishbone offense cuz.
They don't play a wishbone offense.
ImageImage

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

Irse wrote:
kalua pig wrote:i can see the future.this is why i started this thread.wishbone offense cuz.
They don't play a wishbone offense.
mahalo for correcting me.triple option.happy halloween.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

For most teams that run a triple option, it's hard to come back from a deficit. That's why I like a passing team but mix in the triple option.
ImageImage

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

the last thing we need to worry about with the wishbone is coming back from a deficit.
total yards 576-178
time of possession 45:06-14:54
first downs 32-7

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Regardless if anyone calls it a wishbone or spread or triple option, Chow got Boned last night. And then he got Boned again this morning. Ciao Chow!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

go navy
go air force

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »