kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: wishbone offense

Post by kalua pig »

kalua pig wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
kalua pig wrote::bootyshake:
so you're gonna dodge any challenges to your ideas and just lean on the old "butt why not" argument despite many of us coming up with valid reasons.

Why even make the thread if you're just going to be salty when others dont share your views?
i started this thread to get to this point.where i can ask you point blank,after chow,who do you see as a replacement,and why?
bump.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

kalua pig wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:
Don't need 4-5 star talent to succeed. And you can run a spread with what we have. You just need the right coaches to get it out of the players.
who would the right coach be? i asked purple dragon earlier.no answer.
you never asked me who the right coach to run the spread was.

there's a lot of answers. I simply said that Kenny isnt one of them with our budget, and neither is the Wishbone.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Who would that right coach be?

Dunno, could be JJ, could be Rolo or a complete unknown. Point is, their is someone out there that can coach the spread at Hawaii.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

just killing time before kickoff.7 pages and almost 3000 views.lol.sportshawaii got played.maybe i might go check out colorado on scout.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

kalua pig wrote:just killing time before kickoff.7 pages and almost 3000 views.lol.sportshawaii got played.maybe i might go check out colorado on scout.
waste of time, its dead.

all the CU fans go on the rivals website.

and save the trolling. its not particularly entertaining.

targets.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

xer 21 wrote:
kalua pig wrote:just killing time before kickoff.7 pages and almost 3000 views.lol.sportshawaii got played.maybe i might go check out colorado on scout.
waste of time, its dead.

all the CU fans go on the rivals website.

and save the trolling. its not particularly entertaining.
mahalo for the great wisdom purple dragon.you must know what you are talking about.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

This offseason is far too long

targets.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

xer 21 wrote:
kalua pig wrote:purple dragon man,you cant be serious cuz.
its not purple, and why dont you defend the wishbone from the depths of mediocrity its brought the service academies? or why it would be a good offense at all? or why chasing after a bunch of D2 caliber local players just to justify using it is a good idea?

it doesnt make any sense to me. i dont see any benefit to using an offense that barely benefits anyone.
I thought it was a Styling Blue Gargoyle with shades and a hat.
But then I'm still trying to figure out the avatar for PIAA Doris :-

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

went to make an account at scout and rivals.both wont let me post.thats wrong.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

kalua pig wrote:went to make an account at scout and rivals.both wont let me post.thats wrong.
they usually require the accounts to be approved by moderators for posting to combat spammers. and like i said, the CU scout page is a waste of time.

targets.

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Post by tico brown »

xer 21 wrote:
tico brown wrote:
xer 21 wrote: yeah, i get that air force has been mroe consistent, lately, but they havent always been, and im considering that.

GT ISNT consistent. half the time they're competing for the conference,. and then they have random years where they're sneaking into a bowl game because they played a bunch of overmatched teams in non conference.

that isnt consistency. sometimes they're great, other times they're underachieving. if you argued that they were successful, i might see that as a more reasonable argument, but consistency is different. Navy consistently wins 6-8 games. Air Force is successful, but i wouldnt say they were consistent, because they have odd down seasons.

I dont think its fair to put Georgia southern in the convo. the competition is different.
You said that "Navy consistently wins 6-8 games a year" but Georgia Tech doesn't by putting up stats in which they had six wins once and +6 wins in their other 6 years. You basically also said that Georgia Tech plays for the conference half the time while they sneak into the bowls the other seasons. OK... that's not consistent?

It's kind of tough for Georgia Tech to compete in the ACC with Florida State, Miami, VA Tech, Clemson along with Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, etc. It's also hard to recruit Option QBs while 60% of the country runs the Air Raid type spread.

And why you can't put Georgia Southern in this convo? 6 D1 AA championships since 89 is Miami esque. They had a great first year in the FBS but unfortunately the problems with depth in the FBS is going to kick them in the arse this year. If they get the right depth, they should be able to compete.

And you can't dismiss the type of level a program is in like you did with Georgia Southern. Hell, as much as i hope Hawaii succeeds this year, it would be a coup if they get the current Buffalo coach if things go wrong for Hawaii. That coach used to coach at Wisconsin-Whiewater, who won 8 straight D3 championships while running the spread. That type of out of the box think may be needed sometimes.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

tico brown wrote:
And why you can't put Georgia Southern in this convo? 6 D1 AA championships since 89 is Miami esque. They had a great first year in the FBS but unfortunately the problems with depth in the FBS is going to kick them in the arse this year. If they get the right depth, they should be able to compete.

And you can't dismiss the type of level a program is in like you did with Georgia Southern. Hell, as much as i hope Hawaii succeeds this year, it would be a coup if they get the current Buffalo coach if things go wrong for Hawaii. That coach used to coach at Wisconsin-Whiewater, who won 8 straight D3 championships while running the spread. That type of out of the box think may be needed sometimes.
i'm not considering GASO because they dont play the same level of football. the parity, talent levels of opponents, and their coaching prowess isnt an apples to apples comparison. It's like comparing euro basketball to the NBA. yes, both are playing pro basketball at a high level, but they dont face the same types of opponents in both style or talent. its just not fair to compare them. in either direction.

targets.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

time to bring in the triple option.for real.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

kalua pig wrote:went to make an account at scout and rivals.both wont let me post.thats wrong.
Probably a sign from the gods. We should kalua you Kalua Pig. Lmao
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Chow already runs the triple option, just not the Wishbone.

1) Up the middle
2) Up the middle
3) Up the middle
4) Punt

It's just that he only selects the first option.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.