New OL

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

New OL

Post by Irse »

Blinn OL Luke Clements (6-5, 300) has committed to play for Hawaii this fall.

http://www.scout.com/junior-college-foo ... waii?s=219
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Re: New OL

Post by uhwarriors »

Was a Freshman at Blinn in 2014, so it appears he has 4 to play 3.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Young and good size. We can always use a big body.
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Good to see another player from Blinn..
With this guy and the other JUCO, Antonio Flowers, on his way today... we will have, potentially, two 6'5" guys as bookends to the Oline to relieve or start ...

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Irse

Post by Irse »

madeinhawaii wrote:Good to see another player from Blinn..
With this guy and the other JUCO, Antonio Flowers, on his way today... we will have, potentially, two 6'5" guys as bookends to the Oline to relieve or start ...
Hopefully they're good enough where Clarke can move back inside.
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Good pickup. The OL is shaping up to be one with the weight to be a power run system. Joey graduated one year too soon.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Guessing here that......Clements is probably a late replacement OL recruit......for Agasiva who apparently didn't qualify and instead is enrolling at Pima CC......and possibly Lavaka too who's apparently garnering interest from some Pac-12 schools.

While glad that UH apparently adding to the OL depth, not liking that UH having to resort to bringing in JC OL recruits (Norman, Flowers?, Clements?).....rather than concentrate on developing HS OL prospects (Hensley, Webb, Moananu?).

Irse

Post by Irse »

kapakahi wrote:Guessing here that......Clements is probably a late replacement OL recruit......for Agasiva who apparently didn't qualify and instead is enrolling at Pima CC......and possibly Lavaka too who's apparently garnering interest from some Pac-12 schools.

While glad that UH apparently adding to the OL depth, not liking that UH having to resort to bringing in JC OL recruits (Norman, Flowers?, Clements?).....rather than concentrate on developing HS OL prospects (Hensley, Webb, Moananu?).
I would prefer getting them from HS but sometimes no more choice.
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Irse wrote:
kapakahi wrote:Guessing here that......Clements is probably a late replacement OL recruit......for Agasiva who apparently didn't qualify and instead is enrolling at Pima CC......and possibly Lavaka too who's apparently garnering interest from some Pac-12 schools.

Flowers with 3 years to play 3... Clements with 4 to play 3. Each with a solid year at JUCO with Flowers not giving up a single sack... I kind of see that as a year on the scout team. These two are very good pickups.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

madeinhawaii wrote:
Irse wrote:

Flowers with 3 years to play 3... Clements with 4 to play 3. Each with a solid year at JUCO with Flowers not giving up a single sack... I kind of see that as a year on the scout team. These two are very good pickups.
I agree that......JC OL transfers seem to always need at least 1 year to adjust to FBS level play before being ready to see any regular live game action.

I can only recall Mike Milovale as the only recent JC OL transfer who had an impact in his first year after transferring to UH......whereas others (Ray Hisatake, Kainoa LaCount, Brett Leonard, Bronson Tiwanak, London Sapolu, David Griffin, RJ Hollis) have needed at least that 1-year adjustment from the JC ranks to be ready to contribute at the FBS level.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Irse wrote:Blinn OL Luke Clements (6-5, 300) has committed to play for Hawaii this fall.

http://www.scout.com/junior-college-foo ... waii?s=219
Hope he has the feet and punch to play OT at this level...btw how big is the guy next to him in the profile pic? 6'9? Does he have offers?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

warbow
High-quality H20 provider

Post by warbow »

Hate to be a bubble busted but the guy didn't even start at Blinn until someone got injured.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

warbow wrote:Hate to be a bubble busted but the guy didn't even start at Blinn until someone got injured.
Not a big surprise. At this point in the off-season, if you're adding a player that can qualify, you're reaching towards the bottom of the barrel.

amela

Post by amela »

I like that y'all have a positive attitude. And why are you saying they should develop high school players? What do they do sit around if they're not starting? Most JC players should be more play ready then high school seniors.