Impact players for 2015?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Impact players for 2015?

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

Who do you think will be the impact players of our team? Here are my choices to name a few:

Harris & Ewaliko as returners
Collie, Kemp & Stubblefield as WR’s
St. Juste as RB
Hagger as TE
of course–QB Wittek or Woolsey or Zwhalen(x-factor?)

Can someone add the Defensive players and OL?
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Impact players for 2015?

Post by 808Hawaii »

On paper, The Dline will be key. Tulimasealii and Shawley will have to put pressure on the opposing QBs otherwise it's going to be like we're playing prevent defense.
I am the one who knocks.

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

In addition to who's been mentioned previously - On offense, I think Melvin Davis and Paul Harris could have roles at RB or Harris at Kick Returner if they don't redshirt. Not to mention Vasquez Haynes is back at WR.

On defense besides those mentioned, Julian Gener makes plays at LB at Oregon State two years ago intercepting the pass for a TD before he got hurt and done for that season. Would like to see Faalologo can do since he was written about being tough to block at the start of spring practice. Russell Williams (LB) and Nikko Taylor (NT) will be interesting as they get acclimated as the season goes on.

Actually looking forward to this season since if Woolsey could have just completed passes for 1st downs last year a la Russell Wilson, we would have won at least 7 games going back to that season opener against UW we dominated UW except at the QB position (the next week that Eastern Washington QB lights up UW - he transferred to Oregon this year). Wittek should be better but we shall see...

If our D-Line can overcome the loss of Moses Samia and Beau Yap, we will go to a bowl game in spite of the early season schedule of Ohio State, Wisconsin and Boise State.

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

Forgot to mention the Arizona LB transfer who's from here if he gets granted to play this year...

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

Can't forget Ewaliko at WR has some long speed which Wittek definitely has the arm to hit him downfield.

UH has some playmakers on offense this year!!! LBs are deep also...

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Maybe we could rephrase the topic to ...

"Which players, if any, do you think have a chance of getting drafted to the next level?"

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

quikfeat wrote: . . . Paul Harris could have roles at RB or Harris at Kick Returner if they don't redshirt.
sure would like to see harris and ewaliko paired off returning kicks into the end zone in the first three games this fall.

running back corps would become defense-ruining backs as they would have the threat personnel to spread the work around, rest and come in fresh to play downhill.

this is a benchmark year for chow, hope he plays harris rather than bank him with a red shirt.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

quikfeat wrote:Forgot to mention the Arizona LB transfer who's from here if he gets granted to play this year...
Makani Kema-Kaleiwahea (fka Keoni Bush-Loo) is who you're thinking about. He's not only a good player, he's a very good person off the field. He's articulate, smart and is already a team leader even though he might not be allowed to play this season.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

My choices are Luke Shawley and Marrell Jackson. But I think it depends on how they use Shawley IMO, will they line him up as a 5-tech (3-4 DE) or use him as a Will (ROLB)?? I don't know what current weight Shawley is playing at, he's listed as 250 pounds, I'm not sure how accurate that is, but 250 is pretty light to be playing as a 5-tech. I love Shawley's motor though, if he bulks up to 280 pounds than I'd definitely love to see him as a 5-tech, if he stays at 250 no doubt they will plan to use him as a Will or Sam. As for Jackson, before getting injured he showed some good range vs. USC I was pretty impressed, not really a big hitter, but if the defense was to play single-high I would definitely put him there.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Reegardless of the quarterback, the first team on Offense is shaping up to look real good. Good size on the o-line with pretty good experience. Experienced receivers. Tight end, full back with experience here or on the Juco level same with Running backs.

Defense wise, we now have a nose guard/tackle who wants to fill that gap. Hasn't played for year but looks pretty stout and has the weight for the job. Hopefully, he's in good shape and ready to play ball come fall. Line backers we got plenty... Even the corners and safety positions look pretty set.

If they stay healthy, the impact players might not be individuals but, rather, a concerted team effort. If Chow and the assistant coaches can get them to play as a unit, there's no reason why they can't pull off a few upsets. We'll know by the time we enter conference play.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Tulimasealii
St. Juste if he stays healthy
Pedroza if he stays healthy

It bums me out that we're wasting Tulimasealii's talent in the Chow era. Special talents on the DL don't show up at Manoa very often.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

J-Rod wrote:Tulimasealii
St. Juste if he stays healthy
Pedroza if he stays healthy

It bums me out that we're wasting Tulimasealii's talent in the Chow era. Special talents on the DL don't show up at Manoa very often.
I'm not holding my breath but lets see what this DC can do with KT first before we call it wasted.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Makana wrote:I'm not holding my breath but lets see what this DC can do with KT first before we call it wasted.
Haha these is no chance Mason is a better DC than Clune. Clune turned things around immediately behind his USU pedigree. Mason's defense at SMU gave up 41 PPG over the course of the 2014 season.

Read that sentence again....41 PPG. I just hope UH doesn't get blasted on a weekly basis under him.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

J-Rod wrote:
Makana wrote:I'm not holding my breath but lets see what this DC can do with KT first before we call it wasted.
Haha these is no chance Mason is a better DC than Clune. Clune turned things around immediately behind his USU pedigree. Mason's defense at SMU gave up 41 PPG over the course of the 2014 season.

Read that sentence again....41 PPG. I just hope UH doesn't get blasted on a weekly basis under him.
Maybe he's just not a good recruiter? Seems he did good his first year at SMU. At least, we can hope.
Just don't make him head coach. The two times he was, he went 1-9.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

J-Rod wrote:

So just because he wasn't that great somewhere else he's not gonna do good here?? :roll:

So quick to knock someone, why don't we see what happens first.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum